Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havent posted up in this forum for awhile so i thought id share this with you all...
Wanted a seat cowl for some time to get rid of the banana seat, never liked any of the 'few' cowls for the 650 so i decided i would try my hand at a little fiber glass fabrication and make it my own to make it differ from everyone elses, this is my first attemted and so far its going smooth, enjoy!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Looking good Nor*, I have been following your thread on Kawiforums as well.
Keep up the good work, I want to see it when finished!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heres a few other pics of other MODs I am doing, everything in the first pic will be powder coated, mostly flat black and some orange...haven’t decided what I will have coated orange yet. I decided instead of buying after market clutch and brake levers that I would alter my stock ones, the clutch lever I went ahead and cut off 1 5/8" and the brake lever cut off 1 3/4" and to make them unique I drilled four 7/64" holes into each lever, just big enough that the holes (I think) wouldn’t weaken the levers strength, these also will be powder coated...

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Nice work Nor!! Looks like you take a lot of pride in your work!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cowl Update: finished ruff sanding and getting everything even, smooth edges and got the lip that holds the cowl to the seat to the width I wanted...now going to start filling in the low spots with short fiber glass filler...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.