Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Im just very curious why some riders in motogp sometimes extends a leg when approaching a turn? I usually see Rossi doing this.

Sorry, Im a newbie in racing.

Thanks.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Rossi started doing it, now they all wanna do it.

On a semi-related note, the Moto2 class has been more entertaining to watch than MotoGP lately.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I've heard a different theory... Well, I didn't read the article (no time, gotta catch up), so rectify me if I'm wrong here... But Rossi started doing this when he started cross-training on dirt bikes.... You ride dirt track corners with a foot out (equivalent to knee down for dirt), and me and my co-workers thinks it's just a habit which formed, and he carried it to the street.... THey got comfortable doing it on the dirt, and ended up applying it on the street....

With that said, there is no reason to use it on the street, as other said, you shouldn't be going that fast on the street.... And if you do it going slower people will give you a hard time for being a poser and such... But do it if you want.. :D

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
But he hast done it for years on his bikes spooph, he won 8 championships before he started doing it lol :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.