Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been wondering where alot of you all got your screen names from, so i figured this could be a fun topic =P Some are pretty self explanatory and some aren't!

I'll start =p

I have been going by Kovek since a friend chose in for me as my Gaming name in 2001 for the original Halo, and it stuck with me ever since, from one game or forum to the next. Kinda like my online alias =p

Geeky I know, but what ever =p

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
I swear there used to be a thread about this I cant find it, oh well.

Anyways I've always liked Delta kind of like the military stuff like Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Victor, that type of stuff. the 107 stand for my post number (Fire Explorer Post #107) So aka Delta107!

I pretty much use it everywhere online except for personal stuff. lol so if you see Delta 107 as the screen name its probably me (Except on youtube asshole took my screen name) lol

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
hi-tech short for high technology
from work.. coworkers call me that because I carry the latest tools required on the field
u sit on my work truck and you feel like you just step into a mobile office ;)

"look at him all HI-TECH" hehe

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Virtualmatrix-

Too complicated to really answer, think about a virtualreality matrix system, meaning a matrix of numbers...wouldnt that be trippy as hell!

G

·
MadMax is of course from Mel Gibson character from the movie The Road Warrior. Got this nickname from the way I drive, and still drive, haha. I was called the Road Warrior cause I used to make cannonball runs, drive as fast and get there as quickly as possible, from North Carolina to Colorado to live and work for 5 months out of the year. Then make the return trip at the end of the ski season. I had personized tags on my 4Runner with MADMAX on them at one time, not any more.

Best time I ever had was 33.5 hours to Telluride,CO. Was used to driving all day, watching the sun set, drive all night, watch the sun rise, then drive all day again. Had a 30 hour trip to pick up the CBR in Palm Beach, Florida back in April, drive down-pickup-drive back. Missed a whole night's worth of sleep with that one. 18 hour trip to PA. last October when I got the ninja.

Thus, MadMax is my call-sign. Still can't break the 19 minute barrier on the commute home from work even with breaking the law(s), believe me I've tried, usually takes 25-30 minutes.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Kovek, prepare to be out-geeked, and out-nerded.... :p

Let me preface this by saying that English is my second language. I started learning English in 5th grade, in 1996.... So starting in Middle School I used to try and make up words, words that other people haven't though of yet. It really helped to learn the language quickly and accurately.. One day I came up with the word "spoof" to be used like "messed up"... As in "look at that pick up that got hit by the semi, it's all spoofed".... About a month went by with me and my new word until somebody told me it wasn't a new word, and I was using it all wrong...

I left in a huff, all indignant about somebody else trying to destroy my cool new word. So I marched up to a dictionary, yanked it out, looked up "spoof", and just stood there as my childhood world came crashing down around me. I then hoped on the computer and into the encyclopedias trying to find out who this rat bastard was that invented the word before I could and I became a very disturbed little kid for about a year.... That was 7th grade, bad grade... :p I also completely rejected the word.

When 8th grade rolled around, somehow I'd forgotten all about it and it was brought up while watching Space Balls... I remembered everything, but without much emotion, and thought it had a cool sound.

I adopted it, but I wanted to make it my own, to reclaim some of my glory, so I changed the "f" to a "ph", which I though was appropriate, because "spooph" is a spoof on "spoof"... Not only that, but I also go throughout life with sarcasm and a general sense of laughter. If you can't laugh at something or somebody, something's wrong. I always try to look on the brighter side, and I'm an equal opportunity discriminator for the sake of innocent humor-based entertainment.

I'm a word and "significance" nerd... :p I also like studying words, their origins, etc. I do not however like long walks on the beach, or the evil day star much.... :)

1 - 20 of 92 Posts