Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Welcome to the site Loz944!
Congrats on the new ride, I hope you enjoy it! I am confused by the fact you have to wait! I would have thought that since the bike is built in Thailand that you would have no waiting list like in some countrys!

Anyway, tell us some more about yourself and your riding experience.
How did you come to be living in Thailand?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the site Loz944!
Congrats on the new ride, I hope you enjoy it! I am confused by the fact you have to wait! I would have thought that since the bike is built in Thailand that you would have no waiting list like in some countrys!

Anyway, tell us some more about yourself and your riding experience.
How did you come to be living in Thailand?
Like many I was into bikes when i was younger had an RD250 at 16 (in the days when it was legal to ride a 250 on an L plate)

never got round to passing my test got into cars and women by then lol

After getting divorced in England i worked long hours for many years and got chatting to a Thai girl via the net, she talked me into coming to Thailand on holiday which I did, went back to the UK and decided I wanted to move to Thailand.Things did not go to plan at first I fell out with the Woman and ran out of money........so got a job here just to pay for my ticket back to the UK but decided i liked it and have stayed.

I decided i wanted to get a bike here other than a scooter so found an old Honda VF750 saber. Which I completely stripped and rebuilt took about a year I then rode it all over Thailand with some work friends, when 2 years ago i met my wife she was not keen on the bike as a main form of transport so I sold it to buy a car but now we have settled and have more spare cash I have ordered the little Ninja as a commuter and fun bike .

The reason for The long waiting list so we were told is that the Thai version is slightly different mostly colours and graphics as well as FI where as the main market is the USA which have different colours and carbs so they do small production runs of the Thai bike.

any ways fact is I have to wait till May poss June.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Wow, that's a hell of a story!
As I said before, welcome, and make sure you post up some pics of this special ride!
There are other markets that have FI like Europe. Australia and the US are the main areas that miss out on this great upgrade!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.