Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so putting myself through school while building a bike isn't cheep so to keep the student loans down as much as possible i'm looking for a more inexpensive exhaust...to be honest i really like how the 250's sound without a pipe at all, so one of my questions would be does running the bike with no exhaust hurt it? I'm assuming the answer is yes because there is less back pressure but if that's the case how does a straight pipe like the Jardine gp1 provided enough back pressure...also if it does hurt the engine where can you fine the infamous dan moto exhaust i've seen on this forum and a number of the mod's bikes?

fender eliminators...why is is so hard to find a nice one for under $120 preferably under $100? now in all honesty i don't have a problem with spending 100 bucks but i would like to see it first or hear other people's opinions...really the people who have gone through the process already (yay for forums! :D) before i shell out money and cut up the tail of my bike...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as a fender eliminator... just cut off the fender!
in all honesty i'm not against that...and i've done quite a bit of research (looking at pics etc etc) and i like the ease and cheapness of it. i just don't reallly like the look, but if i can't find one that relocates or has a light for the tag i might end up just chopping off what i can :p we'll see.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey buddy, when i started looking for another exaust system, i was thinking of making one myself. so i made some calls to places that makes aftermaket systems. the one place gave me good info, like for instance- the lenght of your pipe from headers to the start of your muffler makes a big difference. not only with the back pressure for the motor, but it also effects power delivery, like the shorter your pipe and muffler is the more power the motor makes in dotom end. the longer the more top end. and also that it can screw with your air fuel mix. with my system i am runing lean at top end. meaning i have to much air and little fuel at high reves, so if i take my ride on an open road, and drive it for long at top speed, i stand a pritty good chance at burning a hole in my pistons. so now i have to fit a power comander to give me that feul at top end.

thats my take on it... you can make it your self, but do some good home work first.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
herp pa derp derp derp doo....
If you weren't so new,
I'd have a ton of fun
giving you a hard time too.

So chekka this diddle-doo: http://www.newninja.com/forums/f98/...ys-take-on-flush-mount-turn-signals-5683.html, with focus on the fender, and not the turn signals. The cleanest and cheapest fender eliminator you will find, I guarantee.

Or you could just cut the stock fender...

Le exhaust preguntas: In colder weather the lack of a muffler will provide no buffer and the cold air might warp the exhaust valves. Even it's not cold enough to warp the valves, the exhaust valves will probably require more frequent valve checks - the temperature difference will be huge and will cause premature wear on the metal. Your low and mid-range torque shouldn't be affected too much however, being that the headers/midpipe is the greatest factor in those.

Honestly, the 250 is hella loud without a muffler, and you will get hassled by the Po sooner or later... But it's your bike, reputation and drivers license.

Bada bada ding ding dong exhaust doo: Ninja ZX 250 R : Danmoto

Let us know whacha wanna do...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow...that is a straight up baller fender eliminator...first weekend I have free I'm grabbing some LED's and doing that. I appreciate the help, I was gearing up to buy one tomorrow, but I figure I should at least try that...worst case scenario I don't like it and then all I wasted was a couple bucks for some lights.

Dnd thank you loads for the danmoto link...I must be WWW illiterate cause I failed at finding one. On the no exhaust...I agree...I took mine off for the first time today and realized how loud it actually was, the cops around here are pretty chill and I actually know and have ridden with some of them but in all honesty it's too loud. I would rather get to my destination without my ears bleeding.

anyways, moral of the story is danmoto here we come ^_^ (just gotta pick which one...darn choices are hard to make...)

·
Registered
420 Posts
herp pa derp derp derp doo....
If you weren't so new,
I'd have a ton of fun
giving you a hard time too.

So chekka this diddle-doo: [url]http://www.newninja.com/forums/f98/spoophs-take-on-travistys-take-on-flush-mount-turn-signals-5683.html[/URL], with focus on the fender, and not the turn signals. The cleanest and cheapest fender eliminator you will find, I guarantee.

Or you could just cut the stock fender...

Le exhaust preguntas: In colder weather the lack of a muffler will provide no buffer and the cold air might warp the exhaust valves. Even it's not cold enough to warp the valves, the exhaust valves will probably require more frequent valve checks - the temperature difference will be huge and will cause premature wear on the metal. Your low and mid-range torque shouldn't be affected too much however, being that the headers/midpipe is the greatest factor in those.

Honestly, the 250 is hella loud without a muffler, and you will get hassled by the Po sooner or later... But it's your bike, reputation and drivers license.

Bada bada ding ding dong exhaust doo: Ninja ZX 250 R : Danmoto

Let us know whacha wanna do...
bahaha! spooph you are quite the character, I have absolutely no comment on the content of this post, but the poem you made it into is le awesome, me gusta. Thanks for the laugh!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
finally gave up and am having a buddy to fabricate something for it...he needed a project for a final exam in his metal skills class and i needed a fender eliminator. We went into a local bike shop and took some measurements off of some ninja 250 eliminators. Wish us luck ^_^

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here tis! we basically copied a bunch of tidy tags and came up with our own, cost about $30 in supplies (including the licence bolt LED). I like how it looks, might eventually find some way to bring the turn signals in more but for now I'd more than happy. took about 4 hours to install and a hour or so of "crap we forgot that bolt...aight I'll go get one." Fun project. I'll throw up another picture or two closer up soon.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.