Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I would liKe to know how To remove my ER6F fairings recently bought. The reason is that I would like to Install LED Lights.I can't find any of these Instructions in the manuals. Can someone guide me please.I just dont want damage it Thanks .

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
reshdimp said:
Hi all, I would liKe to know how To remove my ER6F fairings recently bought. The reason is that I would like to Install LED Lights.I can't find any of these Instructions in the manuals. Can someone guide me please.I just dont want damage it Thanks .
Should be straight forward remove the bolts,bracings etc and off they pop !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate ur comments.Just a note, I am new into biking. It may be straight forward to you but its a twist to me. Do u have any standard procedures or diagrams step by step. Pls help bro.thx

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
reshdimp said:
Appreciate ur comments.Just a note, I am new into biking. It may be straight forward to you but its a twist to me. Do u have any standard procedures or diagrams step by step. Pls help bro.thx
Just check the fairings and look for all the different bolts that are holding it in ,I have a different model to yours 2010zx6r I removed mine without instructions

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Easy as this......
This how i got mine off .....just ask the guys.....
Throw it on down on the right side.....hard...
Then pick it up....
Throw it down real hard on the left side....
Should pop off then....
If not......then remove what allen bolts u see holding it on with all them damp plastis pop pins and they do hide them well....
Just go slow n look for thing holding u up as you go....
Ur may be diff then mine, and i bet every year n size is diff....
There are plastic pins inside under the radiator as well...

·
Registered
233 Posts
you ought to be able to find a how-to video on youtube like i did... i know it's intimidating the first time.. i did it for the first time a month or two ago, but i doubt you will harm anything. just remember where the screws go, and pop the plastic fasteners in half with a flathead screw driver. The plastic will bend and stuff, but you'd have to really be trying to break it in order to do just that.

heh.. i'm wanting to get LED's myself.. be sure and post pics and maybe a a brief how-to for me. I'm definitely going to do it since i ride at night pretty often, but i have to wait until i have the money to spare

don't fret if you break a fastener or two like i did... not really that big of a deal me thinks. they were these stupid screw-like fasteners right in front of the radiator. pissed me off :facepalm:

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
you ought to be able to find a how-to video on youtube like i did... i know it's intimidating the first time.. i did it for the first time a month or two ago, but i doubt you will harm anything. just remember where the screws go, and pop the plastic fasteners in half with a flathead screw driver. The plastic will bend and stuff, but you'd have to really be trying to break it in order to do just that.

heh.. i'm wanting to get LED's myself.. be sure and post pics and maybe a a brief how-to for me. I'm definitely going to do it since i ride at night pretty often, but i have to wait until i have the money to spare

don't fret if you break a fastener or two like i did... not really that big of a deal me thinks. they were these stupid screw-like fasteners right in front of the radiator. pissed me off :facepalm:
U might even want to go to the dealer n grab a few of them plastic push/pull pins in case.
I bought 6 of each just to have around....
Think they came in zip bags of 6 each....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey man..I completed my project on LEDs. The toughest part for me would be deassembling n assembling back those fairing. M freaking fear..however I would like to try it my own..I bought yesterday white LEDs for 3 feet long reel , cut n solder for the length required . I can pass u the circuit diagram.will post u my short video when tested on my bike.Its awesome. btw, I suggest u to get aid if ur not into electronic world. Short circuit may cause wiring problem within ur bike.let me know if u need help..Good luck mate

Attachments

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
For LEDs check out Ledglow.com I got mine from there and they work great and are very easy to use. I didn't have to cut/solder/etc
Not sure where ur from, but also check laws.....:eek::eek:
Here in Maine we can't run those sort of lights on the road at all....:facepalm::facepalm:
Only in a parking lot....ur drive.....etc. can they be used.....:nonono::nonono:
So no sence installing here....:facepalm::facepalm:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.