Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year I want to enhance my bike a bit. I don't feel like getting a new bike so I want to add a few things to my bike. I want to get a louder pipe cause the factory one is way to quiet. And I want to speed it up a bit. Any suggestions or what do you guys think? I was told to use these things: Full catback system, K&N drop in filter, Power Commander, headers.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Hey Mula, I moved your thread into this section as it is more relevant, and more likely to get someone to answer your post.

Personally, the mods you suggested will open up some more HP, but please don't go expecting huge gains. These are fairly small HP machines, and if you are able to get 5-7HP out of your mods, you should be very happy.
The mods you listed will not increase your top speed, but they will get you there slightly quicker. To get a higher top speed, you will need to play with the sprockets.
Keep in mind, any change made to get a higher top speed, will slow down your acceleration slightly. It's a very fine balancing act.
Definitely recommend changing the pipe, the stock cans are woefully quiet, and monotonous. If you change over your exhaust with a full system(headers and all) you will definitely need the Power Commander to get the full benefit out of the freer flowing exhaust.
Good luck with it, and post up some pictures when you get the chance!

·
1,458 Posts
Hey Mula, I moved your thread into this section as it is more relevant, and more likely to get someone to answer your post. Personally, the mods you suggested will open up some more HP, but please don't go expecting huge gains. These are fairly small HP machines, and if you are able to get 5-7HP out of your mods, you should be very happy. The mods you listed will not increase your top speed, but they will get you there slightly quicker. To get a higher top speed, you will need to play with the sprockets. Keep in mind, any change made to get a higher top speed, will slow down your acceleration slightly. It's a very fine balancing act. Definitely recommend changing the pipe, the stock cans are woefully quiet, and monotonous. If you change over your exhaust with a full system(headers and all) you will definitely need the Power Commander to get the full benefit out of the freer flowing exhaust. Good luck with it, and post up some pictures when you get the chance!
good answer!!!!! Small hp gains but what your really looking for is torque and hp gains. Generally they both go hand in hand but some things help torque more than hp. Such as lighter wheels sprockets nuts bolts removing old parts with newer lighter or just eliminating them all together ie smog pump. Where as exhaust and a power commander help achieve a higher hp. Which also helps with torque but only due to the direct relationship between the two. Path at being said. Bore'n these motor will increase Hp but chrome lining the cylinders will help increase torque with less piston resistance.

twisted throttles brings me smiles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.