Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So guys, the bikes been going quite well. Except the last week or so when I'm over almost exactly 8000 rpm this fairly loud rattle kicks in, and stays there the whole way up to 12 (i shift at 12 at the latest, so I'm going to assume it continues past this point) It does this in gear or out (not sure about 4th/5th/6th as the wind noise must just drown it out @ 8000+ rpm).

Does anyone know what this could be? Or is this a normal thing and I'm being paranoid? I might get out the camera and record the noise if i get the time tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a rattling noise after 8k as well. I think I may have fixed it for a little while after taking my fairings off but i'm not sure. I spent a fair amount of time trying to find what made it last summer, thought it was the horn originally. I will give my fairing a tightening or something later and see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I attempted to take a video of the bike making the noise. apparantly my camera doesn't want to record sound any more :( Not that it matters because it revved smoothly up to 10k, but it happend not 5 minutes earlier while I was riding around. So at least its not an engine issue ^^.

If i had to describe it it sounds kind of like it could be a metal washer rattling now that i think about it. so tonight I plan to pull apart my bike and tighten every bolt up.

And yes RD423 I do :)

Cossitt: thanks, thats what I'm thinking it could be now, so I'll check every screw and bolt tonight.

But if thats the case why doesn't it happen while sitting still? only while in gear :S But it slipped out of gear the other night when i was in 6th and hit 8k and i heard the rattle.. so I'll just go with a loose bolt somewhere for now.

Turns out my camera is working fine, it was just my headphones weren't being recognized by my laptop, so it wasn't playing back.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually thats something i should ask, are dealer services on bikes like dealers for cars. i.e. charge 2-4 times as much as it should cost?

Since in Aus they have to uphold warranty as long as it is a registered motorcycle mechanic, and it doesn't have to be the dealer like in some countries, I tried to bring my car to a dealer before and they wanted $2000 to fix my issues, and i got it done for $360 at another place after I laughed out of the dealer.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
They can be, but that said, I used to pay more to get my ute serviced by a professional rather than getting it done at FRAUD... I could sleep at night knowing it was looked after.

LAE Racing over at Geebung has had really good reports from my Dragracing contacts, and thats where I'll be taking my ZX6R when I can afford it.

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
justin, have you ever removed the coolant reservoir bottle? I had a rattle very similar, and it turned out to be me not tightening the bolts down enough, and having vibrated loose....

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a noise like that. It was the clutch lever vibrating. The pivot bolt was tight. So, I just tightened the slack in the cable and it helped. Might wanna check that. I just noticed one day that if I rested my hand on the lever while the noise was happening it would go away.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I haven't checked that. But the sound is definetely coming form the front, it sounds as though its coming from somewhere down near/below the forks. But I will check the stand spring on my way home from work today.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.