Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered EBC brake pads through motorcycle-superstore.com
Everything looked good, but when I went to install them, they didn't fit. I tried every possible way, and it just wouldn't work.
So I called customer service and told them my issue. I sent the guy images to explain what was going on. He told me that it was probably a packaging error on EBC's side. So I was relieved that at least I was going to get my money back.

But then the guy calls me back and tells me that it's my mistake not EBC's. I took the pads to the dealership to ask them what the deal was. They reassured me that it wasn't something I was doing wrong.

By looking at the pads, am I somehow missing some technique or something on how to make these pads fit?

·
Registered
256 Posts
yea that would be a problem. i bought the galfer pads from moto-superstore, and they worked ok. only problem was the pads were too thick so they drag on the rotor all the time, and get balls hot. they are worn down now, but that was a big problem when i installed them...

get your money back!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Cl, sound like you have backward... Unless EBC makes brakes that look just like the 250's, but are bigger/smaller, those look like the right brake - without a size measurement of some sort I can't tell though... And the tabs should be on the inside of the caliper, kind of tucked in, compressing the spring that tries to push them out of the caliper. So put the little pad in, press it down on the spring, and then try and fanagle a pin through one tab.... Then the other pin, and then the second pad with the little "hook" on it... Does that make sense?

Could you provide a pic of the pads in the caliper? I'd be happy to help, but it's kind of hard without a pic like that... :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
spooph i can vet cl, i just looked at my galfers that i havent installed for the front, and his are diametrically opposed from what the should be...
cl, get your money back :) someone fucked up and you should be the one to pay for it

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's nice to know I'm right on this one. I didn't want to sound like an idiot on the phone arguing something that I wasn't completely sure about.
I'm kind of disappointed with motorcycle superstore. Even though it was their mistake, they still deduct shipping charges from my refund =/
It's only like 7 bucks, but still...it wasn't my mistake.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.