Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my stock windshield off a few months ago, and when I went to put it back on it was a pain to do. If I buy a aftermarket windshield will it be hard to install? Or is there an easier way to do it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Did u look in the how to section. There is a topic in there on replacing the windscreen. I haven't done mine yet so I can't answer your question.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
This is a repeat posting, I can't remember where I posted the other, very similar reply.

Lightning, I'm assuming the pain your speak of is because of the bottom 2 screws that thread into the rubber grommets back behind the fairing stay where no hand can get to... I found it much easier to tape these suckers to the main stay using electrical tape, and then swapping the screws with the ones that screw the side fairings onto the tank (which are really long for some reason). That way the screw easily grabs the rubber grommet and it turns a headache into about a 5 minute job (not considering the 30 min it takes to get the front fairing off and tape the grommets...).

Those long screws I'm talking about might not be located on the tank however. I've taken my fairings off so many times that I'm not sure exactly where these particular screws came from. I will tell you where all these are on the bike, and you just pick the longest ones, k?

2 on each side of the gas tank.
2 on each side fairing where it meets the front fairing
4 on the windshield
2 in the front, lower cowl (the black piece of plastic that purtifies the inside of the front/side fairings. It wraps around the forks, and frames the exhaust.) These don't need the little plastic washers... Make sure all the other ones have theirs.

I don't think I missed any, but I could be wrong....

Keep us posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts