Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running the Dynojet stage 2, gutted exaust, "36$" muffler mod and a bigger sproket.

After you do that good stuff if your around 1000 feet above sea level stick with the 98 jets and use the recomended needle settings. Do the 3 turns out on the mixture screws and you should be set.

I ran a 102 after a 108 wouldn't pull above 10k, I was way to rich. Changed the 102's out for a 98 and readjusted the mixture screws and it pulls the front wheel up in 2nd gear and gets to 55 in second. Huge improvement.

Specs\mods

16th front sprocket
Dynojet kit stage 2
RedRider's 36$ muffler
Snorkles cut

So far top speed is 103.

Pulls the front tire up in second using Racer X's 'Slap shift technique' Dont let off the throttle and just slap the clutch while hitting it home, Great technique for pulling away from people as it allows near constant acceleration.

If you have any problems with your jet kit let me know and I'll help you out, I get on here every few weeks but now that I've posted this I will check back frequently.

Keep the site alive RED!

·
Registered
274 Posts
what sizes? I'm using my needles, but have a few extra jets.. :p
um, i dont know .. shit (fail)

I am putting on a two brothers exhaust.. and dont really feel like buying the whole kit.. (esp since i sold mine to delta..;) lol)

do YOU know?

My options are
1. buy another jet kit :(
2. don't jet it (it's a track bike - hope for the best..lol)
3. Jet it using some random borrowed jets in sizes i dont know
4. something like, back the screws out a bit (and again, it's a track bike, hope for the best)

:)

·
Registered
274 Posts
this is option #4 -- from my friends mouth who would be doing this (he is a racer and a mechanic.. )
I can do this. You will need to jet it if you put your pipes on it. In an ideal world you would want to purchase a jet kit which would have tappered needles along with larger main jets/idle jets. You could probabyl get away with larger main jets and turning out the idle screws. Just sayin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.