Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would start a thread for people to post up there dyno results . Just list the mods like jetting exhaust air filter and anything else that has bin done to the engine . I am going tomorrow to test run my engine . So lets see if anyone can break the 30 hp mark .

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
X, some rules? Do you need a scanned/photo'd dyno chart? and then all the info? I mean, are we keeping this clean as per verified tuning, or is this just general, what you've done, and "butt dyno's" count? :p

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not gotten the chart yet . The shop will E mail me the file tomorrow . But I got over 32 hp and like 17 ft lb of torque. The BRT_TIS ignition system is the key. It raised the power from a stock 35 deg BTDC level of 29 hp ,with a dip at 9 grand.To a flat torque curve 32 hp screamer making max power over 12500 rpm . I cant wait to run this thing full pin for a mile.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Racer X said:
I have not gotten the chart yet . The shop will E mail me the file tomorrow . But I got over 32 hp and like 17 ft lb of torque. The BRT_TIS ignition system is the key. It raised the power from a stock 35 deg BTDC level of 29 hp ,with a dip at 9 grand.To a flat torque curve 32 hp screamer making max power over 12500 rpm . I cant wait to run this thing full pin for a mile.
Wow thats great!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the first and last run on the dyno. It took about 20 runs to get rid of the mid range flat spot and max the power at 12500. I used the ignition settings from a 2008 Ninja 250 as a start point then fooled around with timing setting using the BRT-TIS ignition system . The jetting is rich Kehin #118 but the timing adjustments left it just on the rich side . When the bike tops out at full throttle it will go a little leaner. also cooler air will lean it out more.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi eric, nice to know you . ztracks been talking a lot about you . and Im glad you like the BRT TIS .
Why dont you also post the torque curve . Im curious to see too :)
and can you please email me your ignition map ? adding 3hp just from the TIS is an achievment :))

Nice work !

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am disappointed with file I got from the shop. It dose not have the torque curve or the air fuel ratio. I need that data . but I will see.

My ignition map will not really help you much .I have so many little things done plus I am running race gas

I do feel confident that this engine with normal mods will like 42.5 to 43 deg of ignition advance in the 6-9 thousand rpm range . That is with pump gas . But start with 42 across the board and add 1/2 a deg where you feel the flat spot and work from there.
There Is a flat spot in both Felix's and my graph . It seem we have a mid range flat spot . The ignition increase is a bandage to this. I think we need to look into the carbs a bit more.Like increasing the speed of the slide.or something .

It is a shame I don't have the torque curve . It is the most impressive thing I got . Changing the ignition timing jumped the torque from under 13 ft lb to over 19 ! The dyno operator has never seen an engine respond so well to timing adjustments.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Then he can try to go as far as 45 deg but I am afraid . The piston crown of the stock piston is thin and that is a long time to keep the fire on . But pushing it to failure is the only way to find the limit. Just not two weeks before the race.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ya He has JE 12.5 pistons. Side note I only know of one bike to make consistent power with the 13.5's and that is the record holding 250 I think bram was having issues with his piston rings and which goes first.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow over 30 horsepower is nice. I mean 32 horsepower is fantastic. If I am correct I think a Ninja 500 only has around 48 horsepower. For your Ninja 250 your doing great.

48-32 = 16 difference that isn't bad and plus the 250 weighs less.

434.4 - 374 = 60.4 difference but your 374 probably has lighter stuff so your 250R could probably own a 500R.
^ ^
500R 250R

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I went on the dyno to see what the Air /fuel ratio was under load . And to tune my BRT_TIS ignition system for optimum power output at 12500 rpm under load. By having the bike on the dyno .I could adjust the timing and air fuel ratio with out having to guess.
The bike set a land speed record at Maxton on September 21 st . By going on the dyno . I knew what the bike was doing and could make adjustments with some background. It cost over 1000 dollars between van /hotel rental, gas ,food and registration to go to Maxton. The dyno only cost 75 dollars an hour . It only took two ours to tune the bike.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
one day padawan, you will understand the way of the wee-ninja...

Anyways, X,

Not dyno results, but I thought this interesting. I have a fully stock exhaust system, but a modded airbox, and the clean-air system removed, I'm needing to go to 104 size jets, at 5,000ft.... Then my plugs look purdy... It is also quite cold here at the moment, but I thought that's pretty cool...

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.