Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the local drag strip today . Had some fun and got to test my Koso dash. also tested my fuel set up and new seating position. Everything seems good . the bike feels strong on top end so I will leave it alone .

My first run went 15.8 @ 83 mph with a reaction time of 1.197.
My best run was a 15.3 @ 85 mph with a reaction time of 1.09.
On the next run I got the tree figured out and my reaction time went to .069 but I went to the rev limiter in second because of a slippery track . and went 15.8 again.

Over all I am happy with the bike . I was hoping for a 14.99 pass but an oil spill on the track eat up the day.

I think the bike will do 14.9 because I went 15.3 and had a bad reaction time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No This was a test run .I just made a couple 1/4 mile runs. I race for a new land speed record in two weeks. April 4-5
I hope to go 113 mph but I will need a good tail wind for that speed. I actually just want to beat my best speed of 107 mph in the standing mile at Maxton North Carolina.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Good luck in a few weeks darkhorse!

Your ET doesn't take into account your reaction time.

In qualifying you can red-light - it doesn't matter. In eliminations it's the bike that crosses the finish line first - that factors in reaction time.

Jay

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought the reaction time was the time between when the green light comes on and when the bike starts to move.

It is all a bit backwards for me . Land racing in all about the trap at the end of the track . Drag racing is all about the start.
This was just a test and tune day before the season starts next week

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Congrats dude! Thats great! Bike looks HAWT!!

No, dont race the light. Take your time, get ready and once it turns green that just means you CAN go. If you are running for PB's dont ever race the lights, not worth it, need to concentrate on everything else. 'Dial your own' and when you race in a class are the only times you need to worry about reaction times, but those are some nice times anyway!

Trap speed, 60ft and half track times are all important to, let you know how your shifting is going.

Experiment with tyre pressures and temps, fuel loadings, suspension (strapping the front), seating position and pinning the launch and first two gear changes.

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was just testing my seating / shifting .and the dash mostly .
As far as shifting goes . I got that dialed in fine. I come out at about 8000 and clutch shift into second . I am careful to make sure I do that shift properly . Otherwise it will POP out of gear .It dose not do it very often but I don't want to waist a run and I still have a mile to go.
Once I am in second I just tap the shifter and it snicks to third at the 1/4 mile post . I start to settle down and hit forth with no clutch at the the 1/2 mile mark . I try to slide my butt back and move my feet to my toes as I go into fifth at the 3/4 mark . If the engine is pulling above the 11500 rpm power peak I will shift with the clutch into sixth gear while holding full pin on the gas .Just to give it a little rev. then I put my face into the tank and hold my shoulders down and slide back as far as I can while trying to get my back flat. The hard part is shifting and then I have to fold myself into my tuck. but what a blast .

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have 4000 miles total and I ran a 15 front and a 43 rear for drag racing the 1/4 and general riding . I will run 42 or 41 for the mile.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ya that turned out good. I paid 20 bucks to the track photogropher for that.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
now darkhorse is the man who is really making the black ninjas faster...not red,blue, or green.. i like that picture u got at the drag race...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts