Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like I am going to the drag strip this Sunday . It Will be my second time .Last time I was able to get 15.32 sec 1/4 mile times @ 85 mph .
That was a test and tune day . This is actual Drag racing . So being bracket racing . I am not sure how close I should play it .

I want to run a 14 .99 or better to see how fast I can go . But that is not what bracket racing is about . SO my question is .What should I dial in at .

I was going to dial in at 15.0, That way I can run 15 .2 or 15.3 and not over run my bracket . My friend says I will not make it past the first round. He says I should dial in at 15.2 and run 15.299. I have done a lot of mods since I ran last .I think it will run 14.something .

How should I do it ?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Fuck man, Flipping my little mind thinking about the posibilities after my experiences on the strip.

Uhm I'd say best be safe to start with ;)

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the bike ready and did a big old smokey burnout in the driveway and a couple dry hops . This is going to be fun .

The difference between the bike I ran a 15 .2 sec 1/4 mile and now are .

A custom made ignition system
A Nojima Moto GP exhaust system
45/15 gear set instead of the 43/15 I ran last time.

There are probably other little things more related to land speed racing than drag racing .

So if it dose not rain I am going tomorrow . I will let you know what happens . I am going to try to go 14.99 sec. in a 1/4 mile .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope so . I cant ride it on the street like this . (No headlight and tag) . So I am on the scooter for now . Plus I don't want to take the engine apart till I test run it . So I am screwed till I race it . SO next week for sure. Plus it is Maxton weekeng and I cant go . That has me bummed out big time.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to the Drag race track yesterday . To get a base line to gauge my performance before I do the cam sprocket .

It rained again BUT . I did get to run .

First pass was 15.144 @88 mph with a very slow reaction time .436

Second pass I cut the reaction time in half but did not shift fast enough and went 15.2 @89mph with a reaction time of .247.

That was the time runs . I dialed in a 15.10 and got ready for eliminations. I launched well but still a slow reaction time of .208. I can cut that in half if I get another try.

The bike runs great launching at 9000 rpm . but it popped out of second gear blowing the run . It dose that now and then if I don't shift [email protected] But the guy next to me RED LIGHTED . so I won AND went to second round . That is when it started to rain . O well

Now I will pull down the motor.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Well done X, good luck with your next effort!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stock rear tire. Original one with 5500 miles.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When I ran at the drag strip. I went 15.1 The bike weight with me on it is 550+- . With a simple math formula I estamate 29 hp.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Took the bike to Mason Dixon Dragway in Boonsboro Maryland to test and tune. I managed to get a 14.4 second 1/4 mile . at 90 mph . I may just have the worlds quickest 250 ninja.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 55 Posts