Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
you want to learn how to handle the feeling of the front coming up first. Dont try and clutch it if you cant power wheelie because it ends up in flip city!

First find a car park, and literally just go up and down the car park in first gear, lean back and power on WOT, the front should go light, get used to that.

Then when you want to clutch it, roll at about 10mph, clutch in, build to about 9000rpm and slip the clutch quickly, (dont dump it though you need some control).

get used to it, dont try and hold it the first time you clutch it up or youll end up crashing, just up, down, up, down, until you feel comfortable to try and hold it.

Try clutching in 1st and 2nd, you might find you have a little extra smoothness in 2nd than 1st.

*disclaimer*
I accept no liability for if (or when) you flip your bike.

:popcorn:

and watch this:

YouTube - ‪How to wheelie a Motorcycle‬‏

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
you want to learn how to handle the feeling of the front coming up first. Dont try and clutch it if you cant power wheelie because it ends up in flip city!

First find a car park, and literally just go up and down the car park in first gear, lean back and power on WOT, the front should go light, get used to that.

Then when you want to clutch it, roll at about 10mph, clutch in, build to about 9000rpm and slip the clutch quickly, (dont dump it though you need some control).

get used to it, dont try and hold it the first time you clutch it up or youll end up crashing, just up, down, up, down, until you feel comfortable to try and hold it.

Try clutching in 1st and 2nd, you might find you have a little extra smoothness in 2nd than 1st.
Have you done this on a 250 Met? I've never been able to do this on mine...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
update: so I spent countless hours just doing the WOT in first to feel the front get lighter and a week ago I tried doing the cluth, have a few hours of that in and getting the front up a bit but doesnt feel like much though and only last for a split second. I dont feel like im able to pull up and shift my weight back enough, whens a good time to stand on the rear pegs and pop the clutch or would that be just stupid and just stick with normal clutch poppin for a while?

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
standing on the back pegs is the fastest way to flip your bike. If you feet are on the back pegs....guess where you back break is if you need it! Definately not where your feet are. thus flip city.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My Busa comes up easily on the throttle above 150mph. I try not to...... honest :D

I never tried to work out the mechanics of wheelying so can't do one to order.

I think you can pretty much wheelie any bike if you give it enough abuse?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.