Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, this is my first post so just bear with me I guess...

All I did for this project was take an Exact-o knife to the plastic rear fender on my Ninja and smoothed out the cut edges with a fine grit sandpaper, see the pictures for the final effect and PLEASE let me know what you think!

The first picture is the "after" picture, and the second picture is the piece that I cut off, the third is just another pic of the new fender.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Welcome! Looks good, best mod is a free mod!

Another way to get that 'OEM' look is to run a heat gun, blow torch, candle, soldering iron etc over the cuts and just heat them up. Should smooth them out and make them shiny, try it on the cut off first if you try it out.

Any pics of your whole bike? Other mods planned?

Felix

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I never even thought of using my blow torch, thanks for the tip I'm gonna go do it right now actually! lol

Yep, I just put them up in a photo album on my profile page, check them out!

Oh, and for other mods that I'm planning.....I am going to do the do it yourself shorty muffler (I'm running open headers right now, could not stand the stock exhaust) and I'm going to paint my helmet to match my bike.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
That looks great mang! Open headers, huH? I guess the cops in Desoto are really cool then?

Let me saunter on over to your profile page and scope the rest of the pics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!
Well the store I work at basically caters to the Desoto Police Force, so I am on first name basis with all the cops here lol. Now in Arlington....that's a whoooole nother story...I'm hoping to invest in a Two Brothers slip-on, but I'm flat broke for right now.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Kurt, calling Kurt to the white courtesy telephone.... Here's another guinea pig for you! Hello? Hello! Hello"

lol, here's another option dude, if you're looking for cheap. Kurt's been wanting me to get this can for a long time now, but other things have taken priority. So if you wanna try it for us and let us know, I know Kurt would adore you!

ZX 250 R Ninja 2008-2011 [EX-00332] - $80.00

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man that thing looks BEAUtiful. If the shipping wasn't so damn much I'd get it right now....screw it, I need something so that my bike doesn't sound like a cheap ricer on the highway...it's in the shopping cart....annnnd I can't pull the trigger. That damn shipping from China is a killer.

How good of a brand is dan moto? Oh, and I would like to keep my RPM's lower on the highway and I read somewhere that if I switch out the rear sprocket it would help, any comments on this??

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
How good of a brand is dan moto? That's exactly what we're all wondering.... Maybe we could pitch in for a group buy and split the shipping?

Also yes, if you put a smaller rear sprocket on your RPM's will decrease. You could also change out the front sprocket. The stock gearing is 14/45. I run 15/44. Another popular ratio is 15/43, and there are some guys that go as far as to put a 41 on the back, but I'm thinking the 250 would be extremely gutless with the 41 on there...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I run 15/44. Another popular ratio is 15/43
What are the RPM's sitting at around 75MPH with the 15/44? That's normally the speed I'm cruising down the highway at....and Yeah I wouldn't want a 41 on there.

If you would like to pitch in I'd be more than willing to try it :D

Kurt, if you get one made let us all know how it does (I'm sure you would anyways, juuuust sayin)

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I think Vince said he'd put one together. ;D
LMAO! No thanks, I don't need any more headaches.

Cheap_man, 15/44 brings the speed/RPM ratio to about 500rpm's more than RPM's.... Meaning, at 6,000rpm's, you're going about 55mph. 75mph is about 8,000rpm's... I'm thinking that 15/43 is about 1:1 in my mind (actually 100:1, but still an easy number to follow) - 6,000rpm's would be 60mph then. However, I don't feel that my 250 currently has enough power to live with at 15/43 currently.

Please keep in mind I'm at 5,000ft and performance on my bike is down from yours, probably. I hope this made sense.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.