Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a DIY rear fender removal and tag relocation. Save money on kits takes about an hour and all you need to buy is two one inch L brackets from the hardware store can use oem tag bracket and even get crafty if you want and relocate the oem tag light which takes about an extra 30 minutes. Works with any zx14 from 06 up from what I understand. Step by step instructions available upon request. See before and after pictures

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Looks good RNFighter, but my only concern is your rear tyre may hit the plate on a big pothole etc.
Can you angle it so the bottom edge is further rearward with out being unreadable?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's possible to angle it some its actually not as. Close as it appears to be in the picture. Got a friend to sit on it and I also gave it a few shoves while he was sitting on it it never got real close to the tire. He weighs 176 and I weigh 240. No problems so far thanks for the advice bc I did check it out. Thanks Z

·
Registered
245 Posts
RNFighter said:
Yeah that's possible to angle it some its actually not as. Close as it appears to be in the picture. Got a friend to sit on it and I also gave it a few shoves while he was sitting on it it never got real close to the tire. He weighs 176 and I weigh 240. No problems so far thanks for the advice bc I did check it out. Thanks Z
That's a great looking bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum.

Just bought an R&G Race tail kit for my new 2012 Ninja 650. I was wondering what tools you need for installation? I'm using my stock turn signals, but will have to replace the plate light.
There are no YouTube clips that explain what tools to use.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fav said:
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum.

Just bought an R&G Race tail kit for my new 2012 Ninja 650. I was wondering what tools you need for installation? I'm using my stock turn signals, but will have to replace the plate light.
There are no YouTube clips that explain what tools to use.
Not really familiar with the 650 at all. All I needed for tools was the hex screw driver that came in my tool kit and two 10mm sockets with extensions. I just used my oem tag light took it out of the rear fender took it apart drilled a 5mm hole in the casing and used a 5mm screw with a lock nut and a couple of washers and installed it into the factory hole that was already there. All I had to do was take my seat off unplug the ecu and move it to the side and everything was exposed right there. All this took me just over an hour.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cool. Thanks a lot RNFighter, sounds easy enough. May have to snip some wires to install the new rear plate light though.
I'm from Australia, so I may be calling some parts a different name.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hello, I just bought a zx14 and I'm trying to remove the rear fender. And I was wondering, if the was a walkthrough online or something that you used?
There are kits you can get online that replace the old one so you still have something to mount your plate to. Sometimes they also include turn signals depending on the kit and bike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.