Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my exhaust hanger FINALLY came in the mail. I guess they are now doing 2 delivery's a day. Regular mail came at 1pm and packages come at 5pm. It came in 6 days, not bad considering its Christmas time. So A+ for fast shipping. I'm VERY impatient when it comes to shipping. lol

I checked the mail at 1pm got all bummed that it wasn't there. Fast forward 4 hours. Herd the post mail vehicle, They all drive like a bat out of hell, then slam on the brakes. (And no he wasn't Asian, he was Hispanic) lol. So I run out like I just saw Santa for the first time and rush to the mail box, and to my surprise I found a package from Zartan. So I run back home, grab the camera to take pics of my first mod!

Fast forward 30 seconds. I yell to mom "I will be in the garage installing the hanger!!!!!!". Then shes like "But your bike isn't here yet". Then me "#&#(@&)#)*$*@&!)*$&*#)*#@*(&#(*(*!!!!!!!!!!!!". So after I realized the bike isn't in the garage yet. *Sigh*

So here are a few pics of the hanger! I will be doing a DIY, mainly because the instructions that come with the hanger are kind of IDIOT proof IMO!

Packaging!

Brand New!

Idiot proof Instructions!

oooohhhh Pretty!!

Hardware!

First impressions:
1. It came with a special handwritten note, from Zartan! awwww (Not all hangers come with a note, you must be very very very special)
2. Its solid!
3. The black powder coating looks fantastic
4. I'm gonna bet that it weighs less then the stock pegs. (est 1 lbs or less)

So lets get started hangers can be purchased here: http://mysite.verizon.net/res7x2ni/exhausthangerninja250r/

What you will need:
1. Zartan's Exhaust Hanger
2. 6mm Allen Head Bit
3. 17mm Socket
4. 17mm Wrench
5. 15 minutes or less of time

Before Shot:

Start out by removing the Left side pegs (Clutch Side), with a 6mm Allen Wrench remove the 2 Allen bolts.

Pic of them removed!

This is what you should be left with, Left passenger peg assembly and 2 6mm Allen bolts!

Now move over to the right side of the bike (Brake Side), with a 17mm Wrench remove the exhaust bolt that attaches to the rear peg assembly.

With a 6mm Allen Wrench remove the 2 Allen bolts

This is what you should end up with, 2 Allen Bolts, and the plate, bolt, and nut that was taken from the exhaust bracket.

Next reuse the 6mm Allen bolts, and place them through the hanger. Use a washer that is included in the kit. I put my in between the frame and the back of the hanger. Make them snug.

Now for the exhaust bolt. Use the correct bolt for your exhaust. For the stock exhaust use the small bolt, small rubber spacer, and locking nut. (For aftermarket you will use the longer bolt, and the BIG rubber spacer).
This is what I used:

Now place the bolt through the exhaust bracket, then place the spacer, then put in through the exhaust hanger, then put the locking nut. Now use a 17mm wrench and 17mm socket. To make a tight connection

Now check for clearance between the exhaust and the swing arm, if you need more use the BIGGER rubber spacer.

So this should be the finish result:

Bonus round, installing a brake reservoir "Kosie"
Remover brake reservoir bolt

Place kosie around the brake reservoir, make sure the cap is tight, brake fluid is some nasty $hit!

Finished result!

Make sure everything is tight, and re check to make sure no bolts have become lose. I'm extremely happy with the end results of both mods. For more info visit zartan's website or PM her.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA, I"m sorry D, this is just too funny, and so rarely happens, one has to laugh. You have a mod and no bike to mod. WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that's some funny stuff! I'll be waiting as impatiently for the DIY, as you are for your bike... :p

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spooph said:
HAHAHAHAHA, I"m sorry D, this is just too funny, and so rarely happens, one has to laugh. You have a mod and no bike to mod. WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that's some funny stuff! I'll be waiting as impatiently for the DIY, as you are for your bike... :p
For 29 seconds I thought I had a bike (That wasn't 150 miles away). lol My mom got a good laugh out of it too.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I think vespas are bitchin!! scooters have a good purpose.
No one should be pokin fun.

Delta your thread is crackin me up!!!!! hey where did my imaginary bike go???!!!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Well Done D!!! You're like a kid in a candy store with just the smell of the lollies to keep you company!!!!
hahhhahaha!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
spooph said:
scooters can be fun, but I agree scooter, the ninja is so much more enjoyable.. Hey D, what about those 40's and 50's, eh? Pretty freekin awesome riding weather! :D
Yeah sounds real nice ....................... if I had my bike! gosh!

zartan said:
I think vespas are bitchin!! scooters have a good purpose.
No one should be pokin fun.

Delta your thread is crackin me up!!!!! hey where did my imaginary bike go???!!!
I like scooters. My mom wants one but for the price of a scooter mine as well get a Ninja that can acctual abide by all speed limits and actually brake them. lol

zandit said:
Well Done D!!! You're like a kid in a candy store with just the smell of the lollies to keep you company!!!!
hahhhahaha!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!
I know it sucks! We had 2 more people buy bike in the neighborhood. I was so jealous.

crushedcamber said:
well i think we all learned something this time...

Zartan is a faster shipper than a kawi dealer...

+1 for Zartan ;D
Yes she is!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Very Cool D, and I think you hold the title for the quickest to put a mod on your new bike... I believe that's a write it-up from arrival of less than 4 hours.... THat's gonna be hard to beat.... :p

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
spooph said:
Very Cool D, and I think you hold the title for the quickest to put a mod on your new bike... I believe that's a write it-up from arrival of less than 4 hours.... THat's gonna be hard to beat.... :p
lol Well that wouldn't have happened if my bike came last week.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
A kosie is a cover for the brake reservoir so it does not stand out so bad when removing the rear passenger pegs. ( like a tea cozy... Goggle)
The Zartan Hanger is on Hiatus right now. I need to do a run but the cost to do a bunch is alot and being the current Economy not really conducive to spending. I thought I would hold off till next season!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.