Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok This is one of many mods i will be doing to my bike. Keep a eye out for more DIYS from me.

This is a how to on a NO CUT! Brake Lamp Safety Modulator
Install Time- Appox. 5 Mins
Tools-Key and your hands lol
Skill Level-1

Unlock n remove your rear seat.

#2-Locate the tail light harness just behind the tool pack

#3 This is the Modulator installing

#4- Seperate the OEM harness just push tab n pull

#5-Plug male to female on both ends like soo

#6-The moduale has a double sided tape on it peel and stick it between the two bumps fits perfect just gotta move the harness around

#7 Replace seat and your done

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
that is really good! i think its such a simple feature that can make you so much safer!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i agree they taught us in class when i took it that u should pluse the brakes before a stop just like this does for u auto so it helps alert drivers behind u that ur stopping

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks delta thats the same guy n modulator i purchased. Seems nice and good quaility too u should def get it now that ur riding.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
prometheus said:
thanks delta for the link. i just ordered one.
anything that will make riding safer!
Nice any issues check here all laid out for u lol. remember cut the green wire loop n u double the flash time from 8 blinks to 16 blinks before solid state.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Is a great feature but I don't think it will work well with the integrated taillight like mine. Its hard enough to see my indicators as it is when the bake is applied, but having the brake flash as well, I will lose everything, as well as my safety

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Great write up Special Ninja. Very thorough with the video and everything. You don't give me, zandit, or delta any room to yell "PICTURES", or "VIDEO".... I guess we've trained you well, eh? :p

One could also get the pulsing/rotating LED brake bulbs here:
http://www.customdynamics.com/motorcycle_led_bulbs.htm

I think they're just about the same price. I will be putting one of these into my ninja soon. Want me to post up so we can compare?

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
zandit said:
Is a great feature but I don't think it will work well with the integrated taillight like mine. Its hard enough to see my indicators as it is when the bake is applied, but having the brake flash as well, I will lose everything, as well as my safety
did you get rid of your turn signals?

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
original ones, yes, didn't you read my thread?? the integrated ones are overpowered by the brake light, and you just can't see them in the daylight. I installed some additional indicators, but the angle I installed them at, is useless for people behind me. I have some more additional ones here that I may play with.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha spooph ive seen that bulb i was unsure bout it but yes if u go that route post to compare. Lol yea Ima do this for all my write ups. just need to clear the memory card now lol maxed the last of it for this lol

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
zandit said:
original ones, yes, didn't you read my thread?? the integrated ones are overpowered by the brake light, and you just can't see them in the daylight. I installed some additional indicators, but the angle I installed them at, is useless for people behind me. I have some more additional ones here that I may play with.
Yes I read the thread! lol

·
Registered
726 Posts
The vendor listed in this thread, should be advertising on NewNinja.com... ::)

I bought and installed two of these modulators, this week. (I was happy to see they work on my 650R as well.) Seems like an easy little mod, for a little extra piece of mind.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea they seem to work on most ninjas both new and old aslong as they have the same plug setup. plus if u get it and they dont fit he will refund 100% good guy.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
This is an old thread, but one that can use a little reviving.

I too got the No-Cut Brake Light Modulator and installed it a while back. I don't know why it took me so long to order it. It was suppose to be one of the first mods I did. Anyways install was super simple. Plug and play and is a perfect fit above the tool tray under the seat. The product does what it says it does. When either the front or rear brakes are applied, the brake light pulses 7 times, then remains solid until the brake is released. This is definitely a good safety feature to have along with the 2357 LL rear bulb.

I am impressed by this product. It definitely has an affect on driver reactions. Cars now react a little quicker when seeing the brake light flash as opposed to it being steadily on. Highly recommend it or similar modulators.

Unfortunately, this particular brake light modulator is no longer being made.
This is a message from the maker/seller of The No Cut Brake Lamp Modulator

"I have been informed that the manufacturer of the Rear Alert modulator has gone out of business. Until I find another quality supplier, I am taking down the order buttons. The remaining inventory is listed on Ebay."
I am leaving this part of the site up for now, as a reference. Also, until I am able to source out a new supplier, I am considering selling the No Cut Modulator name. If you are interested, contact me at [email protected].

So, if you missed out on this great safety feature, no worries there is another brand.

modmy250.com has a plug and play brake light modulator. They flash quickly 6 times and then stay steady. If you pull on the brake again within 10 seconds, they remain in a steady state. This is to keep from annoying the people behind you if you are in slow moving traffic. After 10 seconds, they revert back to the quick pulses for attention getting.

The ModMy250 version modulators are also weatherized to resist shock and moisture. Made for filament type bulbs.

modmy250.com also has other lighting products such as LED Turn Signals, LED Relays, diode kits, integrated taillights and decals for the Ninja 250. For more info, Ask Tri by using the site Contact Us page.

*note*-the connectors on the modulator should fit the 2001-2012 Ninja 250, 2013 Ninja 300 and 2006-2008 Ninja 650

·
Registered
184 Posts
This is an old thread, but one that can use a little reviving.

I too got the No-Cut Brake Light Modulator and installed it a while back. I don't know why it took me so long to order it. It was suppose to be one of the first mods I did. Anyways install was super simple. Plug and play and is a perfect fit above the tool tray under the seat. The product does what it says it does. When either the front or rear brakes are applied, the brake light pulses 7 times, then remains solid until the brake is released. This is definitely a good safety feature to have along with the 2357 LL rear bulb.

I am impressed by this product. It definitely has an affect on driver reactions. Cars now react a little quicker when seeing the brake light flash as opposed to it being steadily on. Highly recommend it or similar modulators.

Unfortunately, this particular brake light modulator is no longer being made.
This is a message from the maker/seller of The No Cut Brake Lamp Modulator

"I have been informed that the manufacturer of the Rear Alert modulator has gone out of business. Until I find another quality supplier, I am taking down the order buttons. The remaining inventory is listed on Ebay."
I am leaving this part of the site up for now, as a reference. Also, until I am able to source out a new supplier, I am considering selling the No Cut Modulator name. If you are interested, contact me at [email protected].

So, if you missed out on this great safety feature, no worries there is another brand.

modmy250.com has a plug and play brake light modulator. They flash quickly 6 times and then stay steady. If you pull on the brake again within 10 seconds, they remain in a steady state. This is to keep from annoying the people behind you if you are in slow moving traffic. After 10 seconds, they revert back to the quick pulses for attention getting.

The ModMy250 version modulators are also weatherized to resist shock and moisture. Made for filament type bulbs.

modmy250.com also has other lighting products such as LED Turn Signals, LED Relays, diode kits, integrated taillights and decals for the Ninja 250. For more info, Ask Tri by using the site Contact Us page.

*note*-the connectors on the modulator should fit the 2001-2012 Ninja 250, 2013 Ninja 300 and 2006-2008 Ninja 650
Is there one for the ZX-6R?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts