Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey New Ninja yet another DIY brought to u by Special Ninja. I fig'd as simple as it sounds we may have fellow members who may be intimidated on doing this mod. This is a simple write up on how to change your stock wind screen to one of the many styles avaible. This will also work if you are looking to tint out or paint your stock screen. Hope you enjoy. Here we go...

Tools Needs-1/8 allen wrench-Thats it really

Lets start with the Original look you will see

Step 1- You want to locate the 4 silver bolts marked by the red arrows

Step 2-Using a 1/8 allen wrench unnbolt the four bolts

Step 3- Slide out the sheild

This is where you will either paint/tint/ or change your sheild.

To reinstall you will need to pull out the two black rubber groments at the top of the old screen and insert to the new screen(not needed if you are tinting or painting ur old one)

Step 4-Slide the screen in to place and line up the four holes. And then replace ther bolts removed earlier using the 1/8 allen.(also if you are gonna change the bolts to a spike/ color/ of what this is when you will wanna install them)

Step 5- All Done. Now i chose to do a green screen for my application.

Hope you enjoyed the write up and G/L with this mod on yous ;D

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
sweet, thanks SP!

How about a move this one to "How-To" Red? Or is this already covered in "Fairing Removal"?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No prob spooph i wasnt sure where to put them i did the brake light one here should i just do them in how to now?? i was told here before lol. Yes please move if needed to how tos.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
one of the mods would have to change it, cause you can't postnew topics in the "how to" section

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Yes! easy squeezy! but my grommet was cockeyed had to dismantle. TR was lucky and did the 5 minute switch.

If you read on other forums you will find others had this problem. those grommets get worn and cracked therefore slip out of place easily :(

How do you like the green? do you think it will show scratches more or less??

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
zandit said:
one of the mods would have to change it, cause you can't postnew topics in the "how to" section
Bingo, which is why I nominated it.... :p

It's to keep the How-to well organized and without clutter.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts