Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To whom it may concern,
After logging a number of miles and enjoying my 2009 Kawasaki EX250 Ninja tremendously, I have decided that for the 2010 model I would like to see some changes. I have chosen these Top Five (5) things, keeping in mind cost of research and development, supply and overall cost, while still keeping the small ninja under a $5000.00 MSRP. (Being that the 500 cc Ninja will probably now longer be produced some of it's parts will and should be available for use. )

1. Change the stock gearing from 14/45 to 15/43
2. Maximize the HP for the US carbureted version.
3. Wider rear rim and tire.
4. Slightly taller windscreen.
5. A deeper sounding and better performing exhaust system.

Thanks for your consideration,

Blue Ghost

P.S.
If this is not possible, remake the 1997 ZX-2R Japanese version for the U.S. with a few updated body modifications

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Thats not too much to ask!!! What about FI?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Blue Ghost said:
1. Change the stock gearing from 14/45 to 15/43
2. Maximize the HP for the US carbureted version.
3. Wider rear rim and tire.
4. Slightly taller windscreen.
5. A deeper sounding and better performing exhaust system.
Kawasaki Response to Blue Ghost. ;D

1. Doing this, ninja will start very slowly plus it won't get near to max speed, as it won't have the power.

2. It is unfair for EFI owners. (like me :p)

3. It will probably affect the bike's geometry causing instabillity.

4. Ok we agree on that.

5. Regulations are regulations :-\

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear harry_fyt,
A 15/43 gearing set up is very doable if the HP is on par with the EFI
A wider rim and tire (4.5 in.) is also very real. Just ask Eric. http://www.newninja.com/modifications/wider-rear-rim-and-tire
Stability? Swingarm mod!
Regulations my ass! Have you heard a Harley lately! 8)

Besides, this is my wish list. You and everybody else may write your own you know. You never know if Kawasaki R&D looks at this or any other forum.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Blue Ghost said:
Dear harry_fyt,
A wider rim and tire (4.5 in.) is also very real. Just ask Eric. http://www.newninja.com/modifications/wider-rear-rim-and-tire
Stability? Swingarm mod!

Besides, this is my wish list. You and everybody else may write your own you know. You never no if Kawasaki R&D looks at this or any other forum.
hahaha thats awsome. Get rid of the chrome there is nothing else on the bike that is chrome.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Blue Ghost said:
Dear harry_fyt,
Stability? Swingarm mod!

Besides, this is my wish list. You and everybody else may write your own you know. You never know if Kawasaki R&D looks at this or any other forum.
Does any have the 15/43 to tell us his max speed? (Inquiry)
You know that the geometry of a bike is a result of research by great scientists in Akashi... I think if a 150 tyre was more appropriate, then the ninja would have 150.
Regulations my ass! no comment ;D

ps. Dont get me wrong! We're not controversing, we're conversating!!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
harry_fyt said:
Kawasaki Response to Blue Ghost. ;D

1. Doing this, ninja will start very slowly plus it won't get near to max speed, as it won't have the power.

2. It is unfair for EFI owners. (like me :p)

3. It will probably affect the bike's geometry causing instabillity.

4. Ok we agree on that.

5. Regulations are regulations :-\
my stock gearing is 15/43!!
and my bhp is damn near 33 i think :p

and i have the FI bike

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No controversy taken. I was just talking.
The stock gearing on the U.S. version in 14/45 and the HP (approx 27HP) is below that of the Euro / Canadian EFI versions.
I understand the geometry of the bike. A 150 tire will only really affect the bike because of its height in a racing environment. But I believe the effect would be minimal as some race teams use a 140 on the stock rim.
My wish is for a wider tire and rim. I don't race. A slight modification to the overall height of the bike, wheelbase and length can fix the problem.
Also my Post Script wish was to remake the 1997 (ZXR250c) ZX-2R Japanese version for the U.S. with a few updated body modifications. As this was an awesome 250. Much better than the new generation Ninja today. A bike ahead of its time. It was tweaked to get almost 40+ HP in Japan. 18'' rear tires and 17'' front, inline 4 cylinder, 16 valve, inverted front forks, dual front disc, 16k rpm redline, 311 lbs, & perimeter aluminum frame.
Don't get me wrong there is a whole lot that can be improved on the Ninja I just chose the top 5 easiest I liked (and thought important) and wanted, still keeping the price under 5k.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Blue Ghost said:
The stock gearing on the U.S. version in 14/45 and the HP (approx 27HP) is below that of the Euro / Canadian EFI versions.
Oh really? I wasn't aware of that. I can;t get the purpose of such a difference on the gearings! 2 bigger on the rear plus 1 smaller on the front? You sould have a better launching for sure!

Blue Ghost said:
Also my Post Script wish was to remake the 1997 (ZXR250c) ZX-2R Japanese version for the U.S. with a few updated body modifications. As this was an awesome 250. Much better than the new generation Ninja today. A bike ahead of its time. It was tweaked to get almost 40+ HP in Japan. 18'' rear tires and 17'' front, inline 4 cylinder, 16 valve, inverted front forks, dual front disc, 16k rpm redline, 311 lbs, & perimeter aluminum frame.
Don't get me wrong there is a whole lot that can be improved on the Ninja I just chose the top 5 easiest I liked (and thought important) and wanted, still keeping the price under 5k.
I agree with u on that! That bike was a small rocket!
It is a completely different concept from the new ninja though! That bike wasn't such a intro bike, but more likely a small supersport.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Blue Ghost said:
Just to clear one thing up, Canadian bikes are configured the exact same as the US, carbs only and no EFI available.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.