Instructions usually provide a good clue, as to where I screwed the pooch. :D

·
Registered
664 Posts
Dear CoinSlot,

your order has been dispatched.

The average shipping duration with EMS is 2 weeks, with Hong Kong Post 20
days.
The applicable shipping service is stated in the item description.
20 days, bitches!

There is a really good chance that I don't like the sound of this pipe. Therefore I am fully prepared to take it apart and fiddle with it!

Also, If anyone knows of a cheap/easy way to get just the end caps then I can probably make a few titanium mufflers. But that's kind of a side point.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have a sneaking suspicion that my DanMoto muffler is at the Post Office waiting for me. So I'll have someone pick that up tomorrow and I'll do a quick review of the build quality in the evening.

·
Registered
664 Posts
OK well I went down to the post office at lunch and picked up this bad boy. So far I've opened the box and inspected the contents and also weighed the muffler. Sound comparisons will have to wait till Sunday when I get a chance to install it (and my Zoom H1 has come in).

The box:
Packing materials Package delivery Shipping box Wood Gas

Unpacked box. Boy oh boy is this stuff tightly packed. Make sure you factor in a good 5 minutes and a really sharp blade to get all the bubble wrap and tape off:
Shipping box Packing materials Wood Rectangle Carton

Smaller parts. This includes the pipe to muff connector, springs, exhaust holder and protector. I have a huge gripe here. The exhaust holder is horrible. Merely a piece of aluminium with a rubber sleeve to go on it. Surely there is a better way:
Wood Cup Drinkware Adhesive tape Office supplies

Weight. 0.7kg by itself. When I measured myself holding and not holding the muffler it was 0.8kg difference. So we can say 0.7 to 0.8 kg. Light:
Rectangle Composite material Gadget Gas Aluminium

Outlet. Good looking thing this is. Welds are quality:
Camera lens Camera accessory Audio equipment Cameras & optics Lens

Inlet. Again craftsmanship is flawless:
Automotive lighting Rim Carbon Bumper Audio equipment

Chips. There are a few small chips on the very edge of the carbon. Can we expect it to be flawless for $140? I think this is fine:
Cylinder Rectangle Gas Auto part Carbon

Build Quality: 8/10

1 point off for the chips, 1 point off for the dodgy holder.

More to come when I get to install it ;D

·
Registered
664 Posts
Haha too right. I'll make sure to weigh my cut down $36 muffler to compare. I'm sure there's a stock weight around somewhere (Tyga website if memory serves).

My audio recorder is somewhere between Florida and here. Hopefully it gets here before the weekend. Otherwise I can use my old camcorder and external mic to get decent audio grabs.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
With the same 2" diameter, and shorter overall length, this thing is going to have less back-pressure than Red's $36 mod.

Back-fire City... :eek:

1 - 20 of 154 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.