Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally going to get my bike. I get there, and sign all of the paperwork, give her the money, and get the keys. Score! Alright, time to go. Turn the bike on...VRrroOOooOooM die. Lets try this again....VRrroOOooOooM die. WTF? Gas! It needs gas? Why didn't she have gas in it? She knew I was coming today. Oh well, to the gas station I go. Come back and fill 'er up. Here we go VRrroOOooOooM.

Driving down the road with my friend and bike behind me. Damn that light is bright! Maybe the high beams are on....nope, that's just normal. Traffic, urgh. 3 lanes of highway have to exit and go on the feeder, this is going to take forever.

*•-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:-•* skip ahead *•-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:-•*

Finally home after bringing my friend home, 3.5 hours total. Thanks Tony for helping me out! Time to ride my 'new' bike.

Starting it up, oops, don't let go of the clutch (it will not turn on). Clutch in, turn on....VRrroOOooOooM. Yes! Quickly look over controls (ooOOoOoo this bike is loud) give it a little gas. Get ready to take off. Letting out the clutch and giving it some throttle. Stall. Crap. Start it back up again.... VRrroOOooOooM. Okay, lets go. 10 mph...it feels like I'm going 30. Gotta speed up a little bit. 20.....oh crap, a turn is coming up. That's okay, I'll just coast. Wait, the turn is coming up to fast! Oh right...use the brake. But which one should I use? Hand brake? Foot brake? Better decide soon. Both, sure. Turning...turning, wow this bike is nice and light. I'm getting the hang of this. Aww man, back to my house already? I'll go around again 1 more time. It's late (ooOOoOoo this bike is loud). Big bump in the driveway, the bike goes over it like a dream. Park it.

Turn it off, and take key out. Wait! the bars aren't locked. Put the key back in and turn....why isn't it turning all the way? Push in and turn, okay...nope still not working. This is driving me nuts. Finally get upset and shake the bike. Oh! That worked...just needed to move the bars back and forth a little bit.

Gotta take pictures for my newninja friends. Oh these pics aren't coming out so hot. I don't even have room to back up far enough in here.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I don't know by how much, but it is lowered. I can very comfortably touch the ground AND have my knees bent.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Very nice bike, reflective pink looks awesome... congrats!
you can always put the bike in neutral to start so you don't have to hold the clutch in the whole time...

enjoy, ride safe!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just rode it up to work...seeing as how my mom locked my truck keys in the house and I don't have a house key on my key ring yet. It's just about 3 miles. I have to say...I enjoyed it. I noticed that every time I pass an oncoming car it sounds like they are honking. I know they aren't but it's something I have to try and distinguish between. I'm a little nervous about going home with it though because of rush hour traffic, but I'll make sure to tell my mom to stay behind me so no one runs me over. We will see how that works.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Congratulations daisy thats a hawt bike! Long time coming eh? Looks like a gixxer that a chick owns around here she had custom painted black and pink.

and Felix you know my first choice has always been plain pink :p

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
wow that bikes awesome!! congrats!! and great log of your first ride!! deffinately get a load of pics up for us :p

·
Registered
874 Posts
nice write up! :)

SUPER SEXY BIKE!

1 - 20 of 220 Posts