Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if it's off topic, I thought it should be part of riders safety. I am thinking about buying a Dainese 2 piece leather suit, though they really offer too many types, such as D1, C2... It's really confusing for me to choose. What types of riding suit you guys wear? Do you guys know the difference among all them types?

1,465 Posts
Suits are rated by many things but like how many crashes they can take before needing to be replaced, built in protection, leather quality, etc. d1 is a racing division, c2 is also and they have different requirements. This is why leather needs/use are important to know upfront. Two pieces are nice for the person who rides streets and a few track days here and there because you can split the full suit to a jacket just to be safe on the road. But a true racing application should be a one piece due to extra protection of no leather surfaces failing. Hope this helps

1,465 Posts
I have a Dianese jacket and alpine star pants. They are older but I do wear other stuff in the warmer temps when not wanting to wear the leathers. I have a few other textile jackets. Always wear heavy jeans. Don't have the Kevlar kind but I should. I always wear my riding boots. Always. I have fly gloves ( dirt bike type) leather though. And a bunch of helmets. Prolly 11 or 12

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I have RST Rift Leathers in the 2-piece, but I rarely wear them anymore.
I now wear an RST Ventilator II Textile jacket with removable armour, and removable liners so it's an all-weather jacket. I also wear TKD Jeans which have a full Kevlar liner that is removable for washing(Kevlar does not react well to washing detergents).

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you guys for the answers. I definitely need a 2 piece suit to ride. Just need to choose between Dainese and alpinestar. Streets in my country are extremely dangerous for bikers cos of the anti-humanity traffic rules and stupid car drivers.

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Where abouts are you from again Taper? For some reason I thought you lived in Los Angeles, but your introduction thread mentioned China in the title...

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where abouts are you from again Taper? For some reason I thought you lived in Los Angeles, but your introduction thread mentioned China in the title...
I do live in Los Angeles. For my job, I have to stay in China for now and also I'm originally from China, that's why I said something about China in the title. Why asking, Zandit?

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Ahh, ok. Sorry, but when you mentioned "in my country are extremely dangerous for bikers cos of the anti-humanity traffic rules and stupid car drivers." I was getting confused, as I know things are hectic in the US, but that was the first time I've heard of anti-humanity rules, I was just confused!

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ahh, ok. Sorry, but when you mentioned "in my country are extremely dangerous for bikers cos of the anti-humanity traffic rules and stupid car drivers." I was getting confused, as I know things are hectic in the US, but that was the first time I've heard of anti-humanity rules, I was just confused!
ah, my bad for the confusion. Nah, the U.S. is like paradise for riders in my mind. People don't just switch lanes blindly or at least much better than the situation in China. Much much better.... I can't wait to come back and ride in the states!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.