Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been working on this projected for a few months, didnt have much time with my last crash, my recovery and work, but today i finally got it all done... but im not sure if i like the way it looks how i painted it on the bike. Ok so i cut off 4 and half inches off a semi new screen i bought off of ebay with a few light scratches in it. Demeled off what i wanted, used 400 and 500 grit sand paper and wet sanded the hell outta it till all scratches where gone and edges smooth. I painted the inside Matt black and the out side I stuck on a sticker and 'nite shaded' over it so that its all the same color but just the sticker is raised. im super happy with how it looks, but im not sure if i like the straight black screen on the bike, so i would like some input on this...im thinking of sanding it all down again and just doing this an all dark tinted screen...let me know...enjoy!

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Looks like you done a nice neat job there Nor! I can't really say if I like it or not personally, I may have had the top more shaped instead of straight, but thats why everyones bike is different, it a personal thing!
In terms of mirrors, the 250R mirrors bolt straight on and are shorter in length, but identical in style, so that might be an option for you.
BTW, have you noticed a difference in the ride with the screen cut like that?

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Zandit - Ya i was going to go for a slight downward curve cut, but i went the easy route, sanding a straight acrossed cut. Thanks for that, ill look into the 250 mirror :)
As for the ride, i think its about the same, wind wise, but that was just on like a quick 15 min test ride staying at a 60mph constant speed then bumped it up to 75mph for a min or so...ill have to get back to you on that when i ride to work which is a 40 min...

· Registered
1,438 Posts
Yes, the lower profiled front end looks unique, and very sporty, especially with your lower bars. You'll likely notice some more contact from the wind, but it seems you have the bike more for sport than touring, so shouldn't matter.

To carry on with the low-pro front, have you considered bar end mirrors?

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, the lower profiled front end looks unique, and very sporty, especially with your lower bars. You'll likely notice some more contact from the wind, but it seems you have the bike more for sport than touring, so shouldn't matter.

To carry on with the low-pro front, have you considered bar end mirrors?
Yup I love the sport look n feel, im not about touring...i was considering some bar end mirrors but it kinda looks funny to me...i did see a 650 on kawiforums with a cut shield and bar morrors which looked ok but i will see...havent decided yet

· Registered
5,699 Posts
I dig the paint, sticker, color choice and such. The idea is brilliant, really! Also, you're methods are beautiful! Those long-timers on the board will tell you I like seeing a job well done, and this is fantastic! However, I do not like the contour... It looks like a samurai with it's braided long hair cut off... Like it's very powerful, just a little stupid looking... I think some rounding, or a different jagged cut would remedy that. You did ask for opinions, no? However, as the other have said, if you're happy with it, stick to it. It is your bike and if you're happy when you look at it, keep it!

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dig the paint, sticker, color choice and such. The idea is brilliant, really! Also, you're methods are beautiful! Those long-timers on the board will tell you I like seeing a job well done, and this is fantastic! However, I do not like the contour... It looks like a samurai with it's braided long hair cut off... Like it's very powerful, just a little stupid looking... I think some rounding, or a different jagged cut would remedy that. You did ask for opinions, no? However, as the other have said, if you're happy with it, stick to it. It is your bike and if you're happy when you look at it, keep it!
Thanks spooph! This is a first atempt on this, my next one will have a more curved downward cut, its all trial n error. Gotta find the right look for her. But yes I wanted opinions, so thank you! :thumb:

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks! Yes i agree about the flattop, lol... waiting on another screen to arrive so i can figure something else out...this screen was cut off 4 inches or 4.5" cant remember, but my next will be about 3" with maybe a curve...we will see...all in good time, thanks again for looking..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.