Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

Well I got in a little accident and put my bike into a ditch, i was fine but a sore leg, but the bike lost all her plastics... :-[

So what i have decided to do was turn her into a streetfighter. There's only a few new ninja 250's around here so when i turn it into my own, i know that no one will have anything the same and of course i know ppl are going to ask me what it is or say something stupid like "that a 600?"

But anyways, to the point..I'm going to re-paint it. Something different and i'm just looking for some ideas.
Feel free to photoshop and show me or whatever, i'm open to anything and excited to hear your ideas :D

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I dont think this is in the right section. read red requirements on top... but once u do end up getting your beast up and fix post the pics here.. oh and glad u are ok.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Please do not turn your bike into a street fighter permanently. You will be flamed for all eternity and you'll have absolutely no resale value. And you custom tank drawing what is that supposed to be. Looks like the same effect of putting a tank pad on it. I know your 19 but save up and fix it right just graba headlight like posted but don't leave it as a street fighter.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Don't listen to ztrack.. You think Streetfighter's are sexy (so do I and a LOT of other people!), so go for it man. You won't have the re-sale market that a full fairing'd bike would, but there will always be someone looking for a street-fighter version. I think it would look sick.

One thing you HAVE to do is re-locate the coolant reservoir. With it being as big and white as it is, it sticks out like a sore thumb and looks pretty ugly IMO.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Travisty said:
Don't listen to ztrack.. You think Streetfighter's are sexy (so do I and a LOT of other people!), so go for it man. You won't have the re-sale market that a full fairing'd bike would, but there will always be someone looking for a street-fighter version. I think it would look sick.

One thing you HAVE to do is re-locate the coolant reservoir. With it being as big and white as it is, it sticks out like a sore thumb and looks pretty ugly IMO.
AGREED!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I built a custom tank . It is still being painted . But it will look cool when it is done

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Each to there own I say. If you like it and you intend on keeping it then DO IT!!! You could end up with a pretty wild looking bike if it is done well!

RacerX Nice tank is that the same volume as the old one? I guess it has a helmet indent on the top for you to tuck in on those speed trials.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Ztrack, you have some valid points. All of them with which I agree. But there are some of us who enjoy flamage, for, lets say entertainment reasons.... It's kinda funny to see a guy spit out his two front teeth.... Or lets say, walk away in humility when my little bike beats his down a canyon... And if he wins, well, he beat a smaller bike. It's kinda like a bully beating up a nerd. Big deal, happens all the time. But when the nerd hits back, oh boy. Anybody seen Back to the Future?

Now Hack, I really like your name. It's a street fighter man. Do what you want. Now, the ethos of the street fighter has always been flat black. The idea being 1.) Street fighters are usually also stunters, and the look of the bike ranks a lot lower than what it can do. 2.) When you're flying by somebody in traffic being a typical Mad Max hooligan, you don't necessarily want them to ID your bike as a certain make and model, nor really see you. You should just be a blur of smudge... It makes it harder for the cops learn of your activities or whereabouts...

Oh, and keep in mind, this is my OPINION. Those of you who know me, know I'm horribly sarcastic. So please Hack, take this with a grain of salt.... Also, you might want to try and visit www.blackletter.orghttp:// to get some ideas for streetfighter/hooligan machines, etc...

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts