Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I started painting my bike. It was warm ( 85 F) and I was bored and I don't work for a week. So I figured, why not do a mod. So I started painting my bike, which is still in progress and will continue tomorrow and finish maybe tomorrow or Wednesday. So stay tuned for pics tomorrow or the day after that for my finished product. It looks great so far. hopefully I'll keep it up. Enjoy!

Warning: lots of pictures.

This is what I'm going for.

Starting with the front fender around 9 in the morning. very warm out! :D

next the rear!

back to the front again, which is hanging from the garage door to dry. and prep the tomorrow

prep for tomorrow, for i'm painting the tank and the sides.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finished today. With about 15-20 hours, working on it, from 7 to 5 ish. Backbreaking work and waiting for the paint to dry, it was exhausting. But I finished, and it looks amazing.

this is at 7:30 in the morning when I painted my gas tank.

front

whoops

better

tank cap reinstalled

front installed

ALL DONE!!!!!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll get better quality pictures up later this week.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
1st off I would like to say congrats on having the balls to rip apart your bike and take charge to create a one-off custom paintjob,
2nd your paintjob looks sick as hell! i love it, great job!

and look for some of my future mods coming up, one of which will be a complete custom paintjob that i designed as well...

again congrats bro, love it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Dude that's like exactly what I want to do to my bike, but inversed. I want white on top, black on bottom. I wanna have the frame powder coated too, but that's $$ and time...

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone,I was riding last night and I turned some heads even the guys on the big and powerful motorcycles. Now I also know that I need my HMF exhaust soon, so I can compete in sound. Alsowhen I was riding I got some more mod ideas, nothing big though.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Krylon, super bond(to plastic, metal, wicker, etc.) paint
anti chip protection after 7 days

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Unfortunately the black didn't turn out the way I hoped and the white looked fantastic. So I made a change in plans.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.