1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
66 Posts
This looks like an excellent deal. Almost too good to be true. I emailed HMF and they said it even comes with a heat shield like Yoshi. I can't find any sound clips or photos so if anyone finds any for the 250r let me know! I've been researching slip ons since October and I think this is what I want to do. Cheap! hopefully not garbage.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
I dunno, seems kinda sketch to me..
HMF Exhaust is available in standard or high mount slip-ons and full systems.
What does that mean? It doesn't have an option to choose between one or the other. So are you getting a

a) standard slip on?
b) high mount slip on?
c) full system?

???

If thats a full system, that would be an AWESOME price. I think it would be very low quality though, because the cost of materials for a decent system would cost very close to that ($300-$400). If thats for just a muffler, seems kinda pricey. I do like how you have a lot of options to choose from as far as the look of it though. Has anyone ordered from them?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ya I agree. Had all the same wtf questions. I was really interested in this because I'm looking for a black slip on with a nice price. (Was thinking about the carbon yosh). I read into and emailed them and pretty much just searched the crap out of this thing and this is what I found...

1. High mount is only for the bikes that take under the seat exhaust. Ninjas get the low mount standard.
2. They don't do full systems for the ninja 250r. Headers only come with bikes and ATVs that the full system is made for.
3. It comes with a heat shield. yay!

I was looking into this because I could get a nice looking and presumably nice sounding slip on for $300 instead of $350-$450 for 2 bros or yoshi. I checked out the db levels and they are pretty close to AreaP. Quieter in the low end and louder in the high end. It's also 2 inches longer than AreaP short exhaust. As for everything else... who knows.

heres a youtubes of a Buell with HMF slip on. Sounds freaking mean as hell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWs51J-IZ10

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds pretty sweet. Thanks for finding that video hellvetica.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now we just need a video and pictures with one on a ninja.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ya that picture is with the Euro exhaust tip. I think that looks best for sure. The other 2 exhaust tip shape options you can choose from look kinda weird to me. You can get a snorkel look like Area P or a... really.. weird... tube thing. Another thing that I really like about this is that it comes with a heat shield. the bare header look isn't for me.

I just have issues spending $300 on something I havn't even heard. But if you go to the "forum" tab on their site it's nothing but good comments and stuff like that. Lots of pics for pretty much everything but ninjas

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think I'm gunna bite the bullet on this one at the end of the month. I won't swear by it, but I'm almost certain. Either this or a Yoshimura. Either way, I'll post youtubes of before and after and write a little review ASAP.

·
Registered
66 Posts
ya It's a very big company. Nothing but good words about their product on the net. I looked into the header thing and I'm pretty sure headers only come with the full system... even though it says all come with headers. I don't really get that.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.