Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, not really a crash, more like me being stupid and getting slapped in the face. i was riding through some residential district just for fun (since i can't go on actually in-city streets) and turned my head to the right to look at something in somebody's yard. i guess when i turned my head my weight shifted cause when i looked back in front of me i was in the gutter about to grind against the curb. i tried to swerve back left but couldn't, so i hit the brakes. ended up slowing down to probably around 5 mph before the bike hit the curb and fell over to the right. i hit the grass, and so did my right handlebar (luckily). i got grass stain on my pants, and the bike is fine. sorta a keep-your-eyes-on-the-road lesson.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Good thing your buying new fairings soon hahaha

Glad you're ok. Theing about biking is you get the test before the lesson so you gotta learn from it.

·
Registered
633 Posts
pianoman said:
okay, not really a crash, more like me being stupid and getting slapped in the face. i was riding through some residential district just for fun (since i can't go on actually in-city streets) and turned my head to the right to look at something in somebody's yard. i guess when i turned my head my weight shifted cause when i looked back in front of me i was in the gutter about to grind against the curb. i tried to swerve back left but couldn't, so i hit the brakes. ended up slowing down to probably around 5 mph before the bike hit the curb and fell over to the right. i hit the grass, and so did my right handlebar (luckily). i got grass stain on my pants, and the bike is fine. sorta a keep-your-eyes-on-the-road lesson.
no wonder you cant ride on city streets! hahha im kidding that sucks man grass stains are almost impossible to get off! ride safe man!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Harsh!! try not to let your concertration of riding slip away, make it a constant reminder, things come up very quickly on a bike, that could have been alot worse! How come you cant ride on city streets?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yeah keep your eyes on the road! I was following my g/f home one night and I was staring off into space, and when I looked back there was a couch cushion right in front of me. Luckily I had plenty of time to swerve around it but I'm not sure that would have ended well if I had ran over it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sulfurboi said:
Harsh!! try not to let your concertration of riding slip away, make it a constant reminder, things come up very quickly on a bike, that could have been alot worse! How come you cant ride on city streets?
I don't have a headlight, turn signals, gauges, mirrors, or even a front fairing. the previous owner hit a deer and the deer smashed everything up front. the residential section i ride around is on the outskirts of town, and its a quiet peaceful neighborhood that the cops don't bother to look at. nobody saw me dump it so at least i didn't have any humiliation except for myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts