Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang!

I've been thinking about getting a Corbin seat to help with my butt hurt and sliding forward problems.

Corbin lists the seat for $260 or so and they nicely have their Aus distributor listed on the webpage. So I send these guys a message and ask about getting a seat:

Hello Matt

Thank you for your inquiry on a Corbin Products for your Kawasaki

CNKN250R8F Front Seat $350.00
Freight & Insurance $43.90

The Seat Price includes Landing the product in Melbourne and GST

All Corbin Products are custom made to order in the US, Normally it
would take 8 to 12 weeks for Delivery

To Order I need a 50% Deposit
So they have arbitrarily inflated the price by about $100 and claim that the cost is higher because of shipping and GST - then they charge me shipping on top of that. Oh and it will take 2 or 3 months.

Sorry but that is just not good enough.

So, for you guys in the states; can you just walk into a store and buy a Corbin seat? If you order online how long would you expect it to take?

I'm thinking a mail-forwarding service may be the way to go. The other option being to shape it myself.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Sounds to me like you just need to work on your technique!! :p
There is nothing wrong with the seat on the 250R, I had plenty of long trips with minimal discomfort!
You just need to harden up Princess!! :p

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess we have different bodies. My boney arse gets sore after aout 30 minutes on the bike. Where as your plump, cushioney arse can last forever :p

I'm hoping that the Corbins are easier to obtain in the states and one of our friendly members might look at grabbing one for me ;D

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I guess we have different bodies. My boney arse gets sore after aout 30 minutes on the bike. Where as your plump, cushioney arse can last forever :p

I'm hoping that the Corbins are easier to obtain in the states and one of our friendly members might look at grabbing one for me ;D
Hmmm, Plump, is not the word I would use for it!!!:(
My body is in shape........Round is a shape!!!!;D

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Coin, I totally get ya! My butt contacts the seat in 2 points, like actual points... By butt is bony too... Not sure if the contour of the Corbin is going to do you any good, but a custom sculpted seat out of denser foam will yield you the result that you want. If you still want to go with a Corbin, you can send me the money and I'll mail it to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.