Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this thread is for talking about any tickets u shouldve had, but got ur way out of. Or if u got a ticket and u think u shouldnt have.

Ill start it out, as a few of you may know, im only 13, but my dad is kind of a bad*ss when it comes to cops. So my dad back in 1979 (we used to live in ill., close too Chi-Town) was headed with 3 friends to the doubleheader (cubs vs reds) and was going 120 mph and got pulled over by a cop. The cop asked him the usual, but then asked why my dad was going so fast. My dad said tht they had tickets for the game and were late so he was trying to get ther fast (my dad at the time still had his 1968 fiat ferrari dino).

Long Story short, in court my dad got out of lik a $2000 fine($2000 back then was a whole lotta money. considering he only payed lik $3500 for the car, it was in need of repair, but it was a fiat ferrari dino v-8!), losing his license, and being in jail for lik 120 days because the cop wasn't "trained" on how to use the radar gun properly(and the judge went to the games too, final scores were lik 20-18cubs and 16-12 cubs).

·
Registered
66 Posts
120mph and the cop just... asked him the usual?? wtf? Normally they rip you out of the car, cuff you, take you to jail, impound your car, and suspend you license for that kind of speed.

In high school I was on my second date with a girl doing 70 in a 50 on a country road and got pulled over. The cop was pretty pissed about it and asked me what I was in such a hurry for. I let out an "uhh" and then my date broke out the water works some how and went on about how she was late and her dad was going to kill me... the cop started laughing, wished me luck, and we were on our way. needles to say, I thought she was a keeper.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Dont mind the thread topic, just lets not have it turn into Police bashing (I will delete posts and hand out holidays)... As much as they tend to ruin our fun, they are generally underpaid, over worked and just upholding the law.

That said, I got out of a ticket for my fender eliminator, over here they are illegal, it was a bike cop to who pulled me over, that always makes me feel a bit betrayed. Managed to just plead ignorance, and he gave me the big lecture and let me off with a warning. It was 440am on New Years day to, he must have been well bored.

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ya sometimes if you are out really late and you see a cop is mor then likely that your going to get pulled over. They are hoping that they are going to find a drunk driver or a kid out past cerfew.

It happened to me I took my gf home at 2 in the morning and since im 18 NO cerfew for me. Well we just got back from the Ohio State vs Mich game so we were having a blast. Well I was stopped at a stop light and the cop was just chilling at the light and was pointed the same direction as me. The speed zone I was in was a 25 mph. And the 35mph zone was like MAYBE 100 yards after the light. Well the light turned green and I took off. Past the 35 sign and was going on quarter of a mile past that sign and I seen the cop pull out. I was like are you freaking serious?!?!? Well he pulled me over and I knew he was looking for a drunk drive because he kept his weapon side turned away from my car. Well he said I was got up to 35 b4 I hit that sign and I was thinking there is no DANG way. And even if I was, I was going out of town into a 55 mph zone and it was 2:30 in the morning. I was like wow must have been a slow night for that copper. But I havent got pulled over for my bike yet. I really hope I dont because they will probably give some big speal about something. BLAH BLAH BLAH But when I get my 600 or 750. I dont plan on riding the shit out of it like everybody else does.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Yes, here you have to reach the sign before raising your speed.
Cops Sheriffs are pretty cool out here in my area. I respect them they respect. My only issue is our small town coverage is non existant at times . They are in the next towns over.

You find one or two dorks but mostly they do their job.
I actually would like to see them more aggressive here. Not in a militant way. Just see them more often ( our sheriffs we pay for}.
We do have a lot of state troopers coming through Hwy 2, they command respect and don't put up with crap. I have no problem unless they are being stupid.

G

·
I have a fender eliminator too, havent been out much but now schools starting so if I do get pulled over I'll also plead ignorance and say I bought it like that .. lol

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
haha yeah I had a little rant a couple months back from a few cops that pulled me over in the supra thinking it was stolen ahaha.

The other day I was working very late (this is a good cop story) and a man was taking a walk and I hear a BANG on the door, I see a guy on the ground and he's holding the left side of his chest. It was 14 degrees out So i ran and got my jacket called the police/emergency response and ran outside and put my jacket over him and pulled him in the shop. I checked his pulse and it was through the roof. The first people there were cops and boy did they help...besides the one who wanted to give him Goody's....heh. We got him calmed down until the evac arrived where they took him to the hospital. The older cop was awesome, kept his cool and even gave me one of those gold "Police" stickers even though I wanted the stuffed animal lol. But damn he got there in less than a minute and just helped me out, really cool experience. Personally I think I deserve the key to the city or something, maybe a lifetime supply of mountain dew.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
good story! mountian dew will make your heart go through the roof :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the thing was, it was downtown chicago, at lik 3 pm. and it was in the 70's so it was diff if u kno wat i mean.
my dad's side of the family is also really, really law enforcement/military. at the time my dad had 5 close relatives tht were cops, 2 in training, and lik 5 in the military. i didnt believe him at first, so i called my grandpa and he said my dad was gunned at 123.76 mph cuz he went to court figuring he was gunna have to bail him out.

Felix: i will do my best to try to keep people from bashing the pi... i mean POLICE haha jk

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
I got one...

Christmas Eve, headed to work. I had just put on the 16 tooth the night before, so I wanted to test it out. They just put in a new section of road on my way to work, and its 3 lanes wide with a nice, banked, sweeping corner....so of course I'm gonna test it out there, lol. The speed limit is 40, which is dumb, the road is built for much more, and there is nothing but desert on both sides of the road...and its divided. Also it's Christmas Eve, I've seen like 2 cars total in my trip so far.

So I came around the curve, and saw a motorcycle cop on the right side of the road with his radar right on me. I knew I was getting pulled over for sure, so I slowed down and pulled over, no reason to make him come after me. He checked my license n crap, then asked me If i wanted to see the radar. I told him it didnt matter I knew I was way over. He told me that even though he thought the road could handle more, the speed limit is 40..then explained how braking distance increases exponentially with speed - I told him I understand what hes saying, and he has a valid point. I could tell he knew I wasn't doing anything super dangerous or wreckless considering the conditions though...

Anyway he wrote me a warning and told me he was glad to see I was wearing a helmet and gear, which was cool. We talked about his bike - a bmw k1200, and it sounded like he really enjoyed his job because he rides. I dunno if it was because it was Christmas eve, or if it was because I was a fellow biker, but he cut me a break and wasn't an ass on a power trip. I have other stories where other cops weren't so nice...but that another post lol.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Damn good story red! I've been seeing cops on a special type of Suzuki lately. Looks like they're from britain or something, I'm soooo not used to it. But they're ditching the harleys lol.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's funny this thread should pop up just days after my first really close encounter with a highway patrol officer.
I was on my lunch break here in australia, my mate just got an 08 cbr600 ten kate replica. i decided to go visit him, he works about 2km away, so i was riding through the burbs, in a 50k zone, not trying to go fast but i was just calmy sweeping around these cool corners, then there was a speed bump, so i gently started to slow down for the speed hump. as i was doing this i looked up to see a highway patrol armed with the lasertag coming my way. i looked at the speedo and i was still doing at least 65k after i had already slowed down, so i hit the brakes harder.
i was so sure i had been caught. as we passed each other, the officer pointed very aggressivley
at me as if to say "your gone". i started to pull over, but the cop didn't stop or turn around. so i swallowed my stomach and kept riding.
if i get caught speeding by any amount i lose my license because i'm a P plater.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
all the tickets I've gotten, I've deserved... And I have nothing against officers of the law. I do however, have something against the law itself. Considering the fact it's designed for the lowest common denominator of society, the rest of us have to drive around like mentally disabled people.... And to me, it doesn't make much sense to make the choice to become an officer, if it's so blatantly obvious that the some laws just suck, unless it's for a power trip....

Anyways, next time you see a cop ahead of you, and you've obviously been caught, try and stop and pull over before you reach the cop... See what the officer does.

I was heading to school once, a year ago I think? During finals time, and very late for a final, so I'm hammering it, and I see this sheriff come up over the hill and pull into the median-break to catch me as I pass... I slammed on the brakes and pulled over like 30 feet behind where he was trying to turn around. Got off my bike, and sat their waiting for him. He was caught in a hard situation. Does he go up the street to find another turn around and come back and risk letting me get away, or does he go down the wrong lanes of the road to get to me...

I waited for him, he turned up the road (away from me), turned back around and came back to pull up behind me... He told me it wasn't funny, and that he didn't like it, but because of my quick reactions and braking ability, and considering the fact that I'm late for a final, he let me go (64 in a 45). From then on, I've always had a ton of respect for Sheriffs.

I don't think I can ever really respect the state troopers, or the local town cops, but I will always listen to them, and be very cordial when I have to deal with them...

And always remember, the law only applies when it's present.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thats cool..usually when you do something the cops arent expecting like pulling over when you know they have caught you. They usually let you go. USUALLY!!! lol And now its very hard to tell what a cop car is. Here they are painting the cars silver to blend in better. And the new LED light bars are like 2 maybe 3 inches tall on their roof. So if you do see it, its WAY to late. So im always looking for cops like they are friggin bombs on the side of the road. lol

·
Registered
646 Posts
I shat myself today. Peak traffic with mummies picking up their kids from school on my towns main street. Stopped at some lights about 6 cars back and just weaved up the middle of the two lane one way road to the front and right in the front of that intersection to my left looking at me was a fully marked police car.. I was like fuck.. I left how I had to being in my position, Fast enigh to get to the front of the cars next to me and the whole time expecting sirens and lights... But nothing.. Heart pounding I just rode home. :p I'd just finished "playing" with two cars aswell, like one of them was 4 cars behind me stopped at those same lights. :p

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This one is why i hate almost all of the cops in my area.

Ok well we stop at the laight which is on the main road of our town (est. 20,000 ppl). So were waiting for the light, it turns green so we pull out (were 2nd in line btw) and are about 1/4 of the way through when i just here a loud ass smash. I look up and the car that was in front of us is about 30 ft away with a goddamn minivan halfway in it and it ended up hitting another car.

So cop comes (me and my dad stayed as witnesses) and gets stories and sh*t. comes to us and my dad's like "we pulled out and this dumb b*tch in her goddamn minivan talking on her goddamn phone (cant talk on phone and drive in our town) blows the light by lik 5 f*cking seconds and just demolishes the girls car (the girl who got hit was in bad bad condition because she was driving a lik early to mid 90s celica). so he gives the lady who blew the red light, hit another lady, causing probable brain damage, damage to a total of 4 cars(fender hit a cars windshield), and speeding a ticket for lik $750. I was lik what?!?!

I hope the girl can recover and that she has a good lawyer and gets what she rightfully deserves.

·
Registered
267 Posts
$750 seems steep for a speeding ticket. I'm sure she got quite a few points on her license as well as wreckless op or failure to maintain reasonable control

1 - 20 of 32 Posts