Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've got a couple of questions... When I had my fairings off this weekend for the repairs, I noticed the plastic container (coolant??) on the Right side of the bike with a dark fluid in it was at the L line, not the F line, which I'm guessing is Low and Full respectively. (I just had my 500-ish mile service done about 3 weeks ago, but guess this was missed??) Is this my coolant container? If so should it be somewhere between the 2 lines or is running it at the L level ok? If I need to add coolant to it, what do you recommend?
Thanks,
Jen

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
If the engine was cold the L line is where the level should be . The plastic tank is a resivour for the radiator . If you notice there is a hose from the top of the rariator at the cap down to the bottom of the plastic resivour.
When the coolant heats up it expands . When the pressure in the radiator reaches 15 pounds a spring in the cap lets the expanding fluid out of the radiator and into the resivour. The level may go up a little. When the coolant cools off it gets sucked back into the radiator.
The whole idea is to keep all the air out of the radiator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts