Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and am enlisting your help and expertise. I am a new rider, got my licence several months ago in South Texas and am looking at purchasing a used ninja 250r.

I found the following listing on craigslist and am seriously considering going to check it out further. It is about 2hrs from my location. I was curious if you would review the listing and see what you think as far as price, concerns, mileage, etc.

It should be noted that this is the color of bike I prefer.

I asked him a few questions and he mentioned---> it has 15k miles. He just did the 14k valve adjustment and tune up at alamo cycle plex which cost a little over $600. All the upgrades were about $1500 he said. The tires are Pirelli sport demon in the rear and irc road winner on the front.

He purchased the exhaust at a shop complete with rejet but wasn't sure what brand it is. I believe it is Area P.

So here's the listing.....

2009 kawasaki ninja 250r. this bike has been VERY well cared for. it has had the valves adjusted at the proper intervals unlike many bikes on craigslist. It has never been dropped or even tapped with the door of a car. It does have many mods that are the most common people do to these bikes and can add up. It has all been done already so you get a bike that is ready to ride and show off as soon as you get it. i have the clear texas title in hand.

$3200 Firm! . this bike has been maintained unlike many

List of the modifications that have been done
-Fender eliminator
-New tires front and rear
-Integrated LED tail light with blinks
-mirrors with integrated LED turn blinks
-new ultrastar headlight bulbs
-full exhaust system with carbon wrapped muffler.
-3 flash brake lights (very safe for ridding at night)
-frame sliders (no cut)

The white mark to the right of the head light is reflection of something not a scuff. Yes the bike is that shiny!

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Only thing i noticed is he has the blinkers on the wrong side. If you go to look at it, look for the lettering on the blinker.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for you input. Yeah it does look as though they were installed on the wrong sides. I just found out that he is the second owner and that he never had the title changed over to his name after the purchase. I don't know how complicated this would make purchasing the bike but I expect it doesn't make it any easier...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Back4Revenge said:
Thanks for you input. Yeah it does look as though they were installed on the wrong sides. I just found out that he is the second owner and that he never had the title changed over to his name after the purchase. I don't know how complicated this would make purchasing the bike but I expect it doesn't make it any easier...
It just might take longer. Does he have the title or the owner before him?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He says he has the title, and I guess the documents showing that he purchased it from someone else. He says he just never had the title transferred to his name.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Back4Revenge said:
He says he has the title, and I guess the documents showing that he purchased it from someone else. He says he just never had the title transferred to his name.
That just means that if someone looks at the title later it wont show that he owned it. As long as he has it in hand there shouldnt be any complications there.

·
Registered
234 Posts
U can get one with less miles cheaper.
Never pay for others mods. He is charging more for what he added.
Plus the title is a problem. He can get ur money and the other party can report it stolen. Then u have a stolen bike because the title was never transferred. It sounds risky.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Agreed ^^
Too many miles

I would just look for something stock if it's your first bike, but that's just me... I paid 3300 for my 2010 ninja 250 with only 1500 miles!! Was all stock besides the frame sliders. Good deals are out their you just gotta be patient :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found a guy selling a 2012 Red 250r in my area with 4k miles still under factory warranty. All stock. I offered 3300 and he accepted. We sould be handling the papers/ transaction this next week. He is also throwing in a helmet and cover.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Sweet deal. I got my 09 red w/ 66xx miles for 3200

:Sent via the NewNinja App:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Back4Revenge said:
Here she is. :) Yesterday marked the start of the rest of my life.
Sweet color scheme- I am partial to red since I own one.😃

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
calialex said:
Sickkkkk!!! Congratzz man! Ride safe :D
You too, make sure you share any good/not as good experiences.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts