Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone knows what product is the best for lubrication of the chain???

Also is anyone out there with a bulging disk on their backs? I want any advice for whether or not I should get surgery for it and if so..will it affect my riding?

·
Registered
615 Posts
ZX10Rider said:
Does anyone knows what product is the best for lubrication of the chain???

Also is anyone out there with a bulging disk on their backs? I want any advice for whether or not I should get surgery for it and if so..will it affect my riding?
A few years ago (about 3-4), I played high school football and took a helmet right in the lower part of my back when stretching out for a catch and had two discs slip. I went to a physical therapist for months afterward. I never had any type of surgery and was never really suggested to have it. After the therapy it did feel better, but ever since has never felt quite the same. I get back pain pretty frequently still if I sit the wrong way. Fortunately, the positioning that I sit on my bike is more aggressive and leaned over so I never experience any pain. I can only feel it when I sit in a more upright position or twist certain ways. Wish I could give you more help, but this was just my experience with it. If the surgery will make the pain entirely go away, I'd say go for it. For me, I find it frustrating to have to deal with the slight nagging feeling in my lower back when playing sports and doing other activities.

·
Registered
615 Posts
ZX10Rider said:
Thanks for input. Appreciate it.
Are your bulging discs in your upper or lower back? If its in your lower back, I still have the book full of exercises (about 10-15 pages) that my physical Therapist gave me to do. It's the same exercises I did daily when I went to him. If you want I could upload them and put them in a .zip and email them to you. Could save you a bunch of $ if you decide to go that root instead of the surgery. Just message me and let me know.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Does anyone knows what product is the best for lubrication of the chain?

That's a toss up. Everybody has a favorite. Here's some good info for ya. http://www.newninja.com/forums/f97/how-long-does-dupont-teflon-spray-last-4669-2.html#post164775

I never had a bulging disc, but I have chronic back pain (spondylolisthesis and spina bifida occulta) and have had Vertebral Subluxation. Depending on the severity of your condition, do as much therapy and conditioning as possible before considering surgery. Leaning over on a bike can aggravate the problem. If you can walk it's a good thing

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
I like Bel-Ray super clean......:thumb::thumb:

Bel-Ray Super Clean Chain Lube - RevZilla

I get the 13.5 oz....n......order 6 at once to get free shipping...:thumb:

U may find it cheaper somewhere else, but i also have been looking...:whistling:

P.S.
I have a O ring chain....

Years ago i had a bike that didn't have a O ring chain....
I then used chainsaw chain lube.......
It is really thick sticky stuff.....
N it worked very well.......
Put it in a thumb pump oil can

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I had a herniated disk one year ago ... before buying my first moto and I was concerned about my back ... but, I worked on getting better, healthy and so far so good. Take care of your self and you will be fine. Lift appropriately don't over reach etc ... And don't pick up your moto with your bare hands, haha leave that to the Hulk.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
I had a herniated disk one year ago ... before buying my first moto and I was concerned about my back ... but, I worked on getting better, healthy and so far so good. Take care of your self and you will be fine. Lift appropriately don't over reach etc ... And don't pick up your moto with your bare hands, haha leave that to the Hulk.
Moto down.....get some help....:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
I'ma feeling a little confused today.......
It'sa all sunny........
Right now it's 48 degrees F.....
I just can't figure out if I should be planning a bike ride in this weather....
Someone help meee here......
OOoooo..... Indy.....what u think?
:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I bet it's snowing up there.....LOL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Another dumb question, well maybe. Here is the scenario, my bike has about 2600 miles, I think the brake pads might need replacement. Do I need to turn the rotors?? And if so how difficult this might be to get it done on my own??

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
ZX10Rider said:
Another dumb question, well maybe. Here is the scenario, my bike has about 2600 miles, I think the brake pads might need replacement. Do I need to turn the rotors?? And if so how difficult this might be to get it done on my own??
If you've only done 2600 miles then I'd say discs are fine unless you've been really really hard on them ,are they coloured up...bluey hazes etc on them?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the info, color is normal on the rotors, no I have not been hard on the brakes so I figure I can go ahead and just replace the pads. Any suggestions on the brake pads? Meaning brand or material. I do not brake hard. And again thanks a lot for taking the time to enlighten me on this topic.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
ZX10Rider said:
Thanks for the info, color is normal on the rotors, no I have not been hard on the brakes so I figure I can go ahead and just replace the pads. Any suggestions on the brake pads? Meaning brand or material. I do not brake hard. And again thanks a lot for taking the time to enlighten me on this topic.
No worries I use ebc pads but they are race focused for when I do trackdays ,if you just want them for fast road use use carbon Lorraine double h'san after market pad Is generally the same as a manufacturers pad anyway

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Angel Eyes

Does anyone know which brand out there is the best for motorcycles for angel eyes?? And how easy or difficult it is to do it yourself? Also how long do they last? Thanks all and ride safely.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.