9,088 Posts
Hmmmmmm....Mines fuel injected n starts everytime i hit the button....:thumb:
I have no idea with a carb model:facepalm::facepalm:
Anyone out there to help out a .....:dance::dance:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know about carb icing. It might just be something with my engine because when I do get it started, even in the summer, if I let go of the throttle before my bike is warm, the rpm will drop and my bike will die on me.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Keep the choke out for abit ?
Any bikes i ever had with a choke. during cool weather i had to leave it half way one for a minute or two...nnn...lets it warm up for a while:thumb::thumb:
UUuuuu Mite have carb issues tho....
Could just be an adjustment?
I used to have to use a mercury guage to adjust my carbs to synk them.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
on the farm we had a grain auger that wouldnt start if cold so we let some gas out the metal float bowl light it on fire and let it burn for a few minutes til the carb warmed up.it worked but it was -20 f outside.
There ya go......couple gal. gas under the engine....Light er up.....u mite be good to go......LOL
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
ok dont try to light a fire under the carb,just its a funny true story.we found gas acts more like diesel when very cold like -20 f or colder.
Right u need to do it my way....More gas...bigger flame....more heat.....:whistling::whistling::whistling:
Start with 2-3 gallons.....if that dont work try 5.....:facepalm::facepalm:..
If that didn't do it...then bring it to a shop....:whistling::whistling:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.