Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K, my son (8 yrs) decided to take up his first sport. And guess who volunteered ... Me!

Now here's the kicker. I've never played or know the rules. I need some advice on things I should and shouldn't do! First practice is set to May 19 and first game is set to may 23.

I'm going for it- I just don't want to be eaten alive by 10 yr olds. I want to teach something worth while. Make it enjoyable.

:Sent via the NewNinja iPhone App:

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Watch the movie "bend it like Beecham" and YouTube and google are your friends! I played right wing when I was about that age but got kicked off the team for being to "rough", sorry I'm in it to win it not this everybody did there best and gets a trophy crap. Sorry.... Bend of my mini rant

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did see that movie a while ago, just don't remember it much. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I Have googled and youtubed something's -but I feel a bit overwhelmed.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol I did see kicking and screaming- ill do my best to not mimic will!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First game under my belt. Lots of yelling, running, swarming, but all-in-all I made it alive. Parents were supportive and they enjoyed the game as well. Final score: 3 - 5 (we lost) but it was a gooood game to watch, lots of fun!

Just thought I'd share!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a quick update. I have had multiple patents help with coaching ... I have not faced a 'Soccer Mom' rage yet! The teams record 2-1. We won our first game this past Wednesday 5-1.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very true- but you can imagine how many people can change that mentality when loading becomes a reality. Our last game was awesome. We won 5-1. We are 2L-1W for the season.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.