Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike shifts fine, all bugs are worked out from break in (I'm coming up on 5K miles) and no more false neutrals. One day I was messing around in my driveway. I slowly let the clutch out until it was completly disengaged but did not stall the bike (no throttle at all). I did this very very slowly. The bike will stall if I just dump the clutch with no throttle. My idle is right under 2K rpms. Is my clutch bad? I no I'm not a bad driver haha I've been riding quads (w/ clutches) since I was 9 years old. Maybe it prematurally wore out from wheelies? Who knows?

·
Registered
71 Posts
i took the dmv riding test and did the cone weave at idle speed. lol i just slowly let the clutch out from a stop and let the bike role at like 2-3mph it made it so easy. so i'm sure your bike is fine. on another note... do you do sit down wheelies or stand up wheelies? I've been able to pop my front end up and ride it for like 20-40 ft while doing a sit down wheelie. i think i just run out of rpms. i'm to scared right now to try and do stand ups.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright thanks everyone for your help. I wasn't worrying over it too much but I thought I would just like to know.

·
Registered
267 Posts
totally normal...don't worry about it. you can do this with any vehicle that has a clutch as long as you're on a level surface and you let the clutch out slow enough. I wouldn't recommend doing this too often though as letting the clutch out slowly without giving it throttle can only move the bike without stalling by slowly slipping the clutch. it is during this slipping process that clutch wear happens. like I said no worries, but I wouldn't do it excessively.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Angelforce to answer your question on wheelies... I can only do sit downs but not for long. I tried standups but theyre hard to do. Do you wheelie in first gear? i rev to about 9K rpm and dump the clutch. I beleive it's 09ninjarider on youtube, he can do some sick stand up wheelies.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
xthrice, I just thought of something I didn't the last few times I visited this thread. A while back I helped a kid out at school that was having similar problems with his bike... turns out his clutch adjustment screw thingy, right off the lever was turned all the way in, and he had maybe a few millimeters of clutch movement... We squared that up with a quickness by just turning it out and taking up the slack in the cable.

Yours might be the reverse of that. Next week, when I get my video camera back, I'll make a video showing how to adjust it, and what proper slack is, if you or anybody else wants.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks spooph. Ill look around on here when you get the vids up but as for now ill let it go. I dont want to make things worse or make any problem if there is one at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts