Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most veterans hate new members asking old questions, but I have had difficulty navigating search option. I have a 05 Zx -6r and hear a squeak when releasing lever. Is there a way to lube cable. If so what would you guys suggest. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

· Registered
9,088 Posts
I know most veterans hate new members asking old questions, but I have had difficulty navigating search option. I have a 05 Zx -6r and hear a squeak when releasing lever. Is there a way to lube cable. If so what would you guys suggest. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
If it's just the lever try spraying a little lube in the area where the bolt goes threw.....
To actually lube the cable u will really need a tool for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4n_aZ-X-E

What i habe been doing myself is:
I remove the cables off the handlebar area. Then i slowly spray a lube into the area the cable goes in carefully and work the cable back and forth. Use paper towels to hold the cable to keep over spray off ur bike. This is a very slow way to do it, and i recommend buying the tool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.