Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bent my clutch lever as it wonderfully floated downward towards my garage floor this morning. I had the moto on the rear stand and totally forgot I had put up the kickstand. I come forth so NOONE will ever have to bear the shame I did this morning: :eek:

So, I will be replacing the levers and wondered which manufacturer is worth considering? And is this part easily replaceable? I would think yes, simple bolt on but I do not know so I am asking.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
1,458 Posts
earlthepearl said:
Almost dropped mine 2nite putting it up on jackstands with my tripod.....
:eek:
You should invest in a bike stand. I have three sets now cuz i sold the r6 without the stands. They are worth every penny and you can get a decent set for 150.00.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,088 Posts
You should invest in a bike stand. I have three sets now cuz i sold the r6 without the stands. They are worth every penny and you can get a decent set for 150.00.
150 buys me a next needed tire.....
I shoulda done the rope myself n let son put jackstands in place....
Pull rope....hold handlebars so bike don't fall over....LOL
:facepalm:
I told him, but he fergot that step...








100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
1,458 Posts
Yeah i hear ya but the stands are great to service the bike with. My bike stays in a wheel chaulk and a lift in the back when im out riding. Make cleaning the wheels easy. Lubing the chain, and checking/chaning the oil. Plus other maintainence stuff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,088 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
1,458 Posts
I hear ya. Well to the brake and clutch lever questions. I only use crg levers but they are expensive and most cant go that high. However they do have some other good levers. Try to avoid the cheap ebay levers without reading reviews first. Lots of cheap levers out there but the problem is they shake and wooble in your hand when using them. Cycle gear brand speed metal are ok and fair on price when u get them on special for 100 bucks. If you dont get em on special they are not worth the money. Asv levers are good too but they arent crg levers which are actually aftermarket but as good as stock quality but have a better pull and easier on the hand hope this helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
byte2022 said:
I hear ya. Well to the brake and clutch lever questions. I only use crg levers but they are expensive and most cant go that high. However they do have some other good levers. Try to avoid the cheap ebay levers without reading reviews first. Lots of cheap levers out there but the problem is they shake and wooble in your hand when using them. Cycle gear brand speed metal are ok and fair on price when u get them on special for 100 bucks. If you dont get em on special they are not worth the money. Asv levers are good too but they arent crg levers which are actually aftermarket but as good as stock quality but have a better pull and easier on the hand hope this helps
I have pazzos they are quality I also like the new asv levers!
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
1,458 Posts
morgan46 said:
I have pazzos they are quality I also like the new asv levers!
Yes pazzo levers are quality levers too and are in my opinion near the same quality as the asv levers. That being said the newer asv levers are better quality
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
byte2022 said:
Yes pazzo levers are quality levers too and are in my opinion near the same quality as the asv levers. That being said the newer asv levers are better quality
I have the newest pazzos and they are lovely and smooth I don't see any difference in quality I just like the asv invention levers roller!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I'm running the eBay Chinese cheapies. Been on my bike for like 6mths no noticeable fading no rattles and amazingly not fallen apart like the thumpsters do. These are the short adjustable type. Can be view on my photos in my profile. The only problem I have had with them is the std bars would not allow enough adjustment to stop the clutch lever coming down on my index finger.with my clip ons that problem is now solved. I could move perch that little bit further away from the grips. I find them far better then the std levers and can not fault them at all. It's good having the adjustment as well as my fingers where fully stretched to reach for the std levers. Maybe I have been lucky to not have any problems related to the levers. Also my bike is undercover at home and work which may explain no noticeable fade in the blue anodizing.
I also had green full length adjustable levers with no issues either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
01txr said:
I'm running the eBay Chinese cheapies. Been on my bike for like 6mths no noticeable fading no rattles and amazingly not fallen apart like the thumpsters do. These are the short adjustable type. Can be view on my photos in my profile. The only problem I have had with them is the std bars would not allow enough adjustment to stop the clutch lever coming down on my index finger.with my clip ons that problem is now solved. I could move perch that little bit further away from the grips. I find them far better then the std levers and can not fault them at all. It's good having the adjustment as well as my fingers where fully stretched to reach for the std levers. Maybe I have been lucky to not have any problems related to the levers. Also my bike is undercover at home and work which may explain no noticeable fade in the blue anodizing.
I also had green full length adjustable levers with no issues either.
Awesome, thanks for ya'll inputs!

:NefRider:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top