Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to start a rejet & want to make sure I have read everything right. I have installed a K&N filter, header w/ free flow pipe, & removed snorkel. I bought the Dynojet stage 2 kit. My understanding is to use the "98" main jets.(It came with 94,96,& 100 also) & 3 turns out on mixture. I would appreciate any feedback from you pro's. Ya'll are always great with your info. Many thanks...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm planning to do the same also in the future. I would also like to know where to start in the jetting. What Is the stock jet size anyway? My guess is to start at the next higher size available?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the instructions say to just what I'm going to do. I just wanted to see If anyone else has done so with less than desireable results. I read on another thread that the factory jetting is already on the lean side chitor. Anyway, fixin to start, I'm waiting on other parts so I'm in no hurry. I'll check back for new info during process. Thanks...

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
The Factory stock jet is a 98. Without a wide-band 02 sensor and data logger you won't REALLY know which way to go. The biggest benefit to the kit would be the needle.... In fact, I would do JUST that needle for now, and see what you can get... That way you don't have to remove the carbs. However, you're going to have to remove them to drill out the air/fuel mixture screw caps, which is where you will also see a massive gain.... You could conceivably go up to a 100, but it's kind of difficult to say without Air/fuel data...

Needle position however should be fairly easy to figure out...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks spooph. Did I mention I'm working on my bike, not a space shuttle. Kidding. You guys know your stuff. Carbs are on the work bench. I REALLY don't want to do this more than once. So I'll try as you suggested, & yes, I do realize I may have to. I'll post the results. Again, many thanks...

·
Registered
928 Posts
I found my sportisi jet kit! should've heald onto the box it came in for suggestions...oh well. I'm thinking about having the shop do it while they have it especially since i only have one arm anyway lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jet kit went OK. Haven't done test drive yet, but she "fired off" first try & responds great. I did use the #98 main jets that came with the kit because the taper where the needle seats looked deeper. Besides, I spent the $ for the kit, might as well use them. I havn't worked on bikes much, but have over 15 yrs experience as a mechanic in many fields. I don't know If I would have tried otherwise. BTW Navy Ninja, sorry to ask, but, one arm? No disrespect intended. Thanks again guys...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.