Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a 2013 kawasaki ninja zx6r. And I was wonder what is the best way to clean grease off of the fearings. There is no leaks or anything I just haven't cleaned it since I've bought it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
khmistry94 said:
I just recently purchased a 2013 kawasaki ninja zx6r. And I was wonder what is the best way to clean grease off of the fearings. There is no leaks or anything I just haven't cleaned it since I've bought it. Any suggestions?
Tfr...,traffic film remover it's what I use stocked by all good valeters!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Clay bar

·
1,458 Posts
Im telling you to try the turtle wax bug and tar. It works way better than dawn. Tri sodium phosphate is the best for grease but it dries the plastics out The bug and tar actually even leaves a wax film on the plastics. You all keep dis regarding the bug and tar. But i tell you. Its the shiz. Everyone who has tried it. Is now a believer. Also. It doesnt work real good for bugs without sitting a few minutes then it works great but for grease and grime its awesome. I clean my chain and rims with it. And below is the end result from a two minute cleaning of the chain and rim.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Micro fibre rags, one wet(water) one dry. Takes bugs off without having to use any chemicals. I use the same rags to clean entire bike. I have only washed my bike once with a hose in two seasons, only use the rags to clean everything. I have been a detailer for 26 years ,and have owned my own shop for 18 years , not saying I know everything but I think the less water u use on the bike the better. I've probably got about 50 coats of wax on it, which also makes it easier to clean. IMO

·
1,458 Posts
I disagree. Paint on bikes scratches easier for some reason. Yes it will come clean but leaves little scratches. Wet the bike with no soap. Blow dry with leaf blower. Hand dry the rest of the way. Then i use the bug and tar. To get the grease and grime off. If i really want it to shine i use the ice wax. U can eat off my bikes. They all look brand new The pics of the chain above is after 11200 miles. I dont spend alot of time cleaning it but maybe 10 minutes after each ride. No matter if i get caught in the rain or not. Ill take some more pics and show you what it looks like my bike speaks for itself

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Disagree with what? I've cleaned n waxed thousands of cars, from cavaliers to brand new Lamborghini's , rolls Royce , ferraris, ect. My bike is black not a scratch on it, looks better than the day I bought it. These rags do not scratch.

·
1,458 Posts
I disagree to not wetting the bike. If you dont get the fine dirt off below you rub the cloth over it is scratches the paint. I dont disagree that you do detail cars etc. but its not the rag that scratches but the dirt the rag is pushing around. Everyone has their own way but even for you who has detailed 1000's of cars. You should try the bug and tar and you too will be sold. Its the bomb!!!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Oh, I see what u mean, I'm just used to mine it never gets that dirty. Not a lot of dust or heavy dirt. But I do know what u mean by the dirt doing the scratching , when I was the cars at the shop I give them a thorough pressure washing before anything touches the paint.

·
1,458 Posts
Yeah. My bikes all even my 06 r6 with 131000 miles on it were spotless. With really very little effort. However i dont ride in the rain on the bike or even just after to avoid the dirt getting in the bike. I sometimes get caught in the rain but as soon as i pull up to the house the hose comes out and a quick jet of water gets the dirt out of the places you cant get you hands and then a quick once over the bike. Pull it in the carport dry it with the leaf blower to again get water and dirt for drying in places you cant get your hands Then a quick spray with either bug n tar or ice wax. Which doesnt turn plactics white. And a quick wipe. All less than 10 minutes. I could serve dinner off my bikes but id get my bike dirty. Thats how clean they are. Try the products about youll be amazed. Clay bar works good on some bikes but most are to hard to use a clay bar on. Plus. Mine never feels smoother like it does on my trucks because the products above keep it clean.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I use the clay bar at the shop to remove overspray, road tar. I do the same, don't drive in the rain, clean n wax after every ride. Don't like it to be dirty. Usually takes ten or so minutes too. Well worth the time, enjoy doing it. Ith the rag(wet) I gently wipe all the bugs n they come off so easy.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Muddy dirt roads....
Pole lines....
Then it will look like u used it....
Ya....ll sound like a buncha girls.....

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
Spose to ride em.......
:thumb:

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
I really don't run mine on much dirt either....
My friend live on a dirt road so i drive about 2 miles on that when i visit....
Which i just got back from.
Another friend just dumped his older Kawi on this road this morning n was in Hosp. when I came in.
He drive a bit nutty too n hit some soft sand at 50 n down he went.
Face first......
I just came in the back way at 50....LOL
He'll be ok.......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.