Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I claybar and wax my car all the time, I just got around to giving my bike it's first wash since I bought it and I decided to break out the claybar and wax I use on my car. Does anyone else do this when cleaning their bike?

1,465 Posts
Best thing i found that bug and tar remover by turtle wax. Surpasses the hundreds of things over the years prior to finding it. Works on tAking grease etc off everything from fairings to rims to your rear sprocket. Plus it waxes at the same time. Just use water to rinse the grim off before you use bug and tar and you will not be disappointed. And yes i tried the clay bar too. Doesnt work near as good as the bug and tar Just my to thoughts. And im a clean freak on my bike

· Registered
1,480 Posts
Honestly, if the paint is old, oxidized or the clearcoat is thin and pitted, I wouldn't waste the time using a claybar to detail it, especially on sand blasted plastic. A good wash and simple wax is really all you need at this point in the bikes life. There are probably more important things on the bike to pay attention to like, clean brake calipers, wheels, cables, chain , sprockets, wires & controls. IMO there's nothing worse than a shiny vehicle with dirty wheels (especially an expensive one).

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Blue Ghost said:
Honestly, if the paint is old, oxidized or the clearcoat is thin and pitted, I wouldn't waste the time using a claybar to detail it, especially on sand blasted plastic. A good wash and simple wax is really all you need at this point in the bikes life. There are probably more important things on the bike to pay attention to like, clean brake calipers, wheels, cables, chain , sprockets, wires & controls. IMO there's nothing worse than a shiny vehicle with dirty wheels (especially an expensive one).
+1 on that, I have an 09 and probably won't bother with a clay bar. I have a bug cleaner, and car washer fluid and water and good old fashion home grown labor.

If it were a show bike with new or near-new paint I would.

:NefRider:

1,465 Posts
For those who have never tried turtle wax brand bug and tar remover. Should!!! I would put my 06 r6 against any showbike if i still had it. Sold it but everyone who looked at it asked me what year it was because it was flawless and i sold it with 42000 miles.

1,465 Posts
Turtle wax brand bug and tar remover it takes off grease and grime but it coats the paint and plastic with a nice shiny's thin coat of wax. I have found nothing out there that beats it. Even the beloved honda clean.

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have some paint blemishes, especially on the plastic, any ideas how to fix it? I was going to use my red nail polish to fix it, but it might look out of place.

· Registered
1,230 Posts
earlthepearl said:
Not a lot of big turtle here either, but when i live in Florida....
MMMmmmmmm...big turtles....
N gator....n spider....n...snake....nnn...fish....nnnn....LOL
You won eat snakes, gators ... Right?

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I eat bout anything that moves......
Won't eat rat tho.....
tried armadillo....
Hard to get the meat out.....LOL
I love big ass frog.....
You won eat snakes, gators ... Right?

Not a lot of big turtle here either, but when i live in Florida....
MMMmmmmmm...big turtles....
N gator....n spider....n...snake....nnn...fish....nnnn....LOL
True ... Here little big turtle!

N....one will do it if itza big turtle....LOL

· Registered
1,230 Posts
earlthepearl said:
I eat bout anything that moves......
Won't eat rat tho.....
tried armadillo....
Hard to get the meat out.....LOL
I love big ass frog.....
I tried front legs on a cruise last week. And snails. That's it for me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.