Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As people say, I should refuse checkpoints. I was out riding today since it was my day off and it wasn't raining. I was out near back of the dragon and I pulled into the park to use the bathroom. On my way out of the park, the Sheriffs department had set up a checkpoint and the cop signalled me to stop. When I did so, he walked up and demended to see my license. I don't like being harassed by the cops when all I'm doing is riding within the speed limits, and having done absolutely nothing wrong. I sadly admit, I acquiesced to his demands as I don't know how to legally refuse the harassment if I even can. I don't want to refuse and be arrested having not exercised my rights properly and broke a law. What can I and what should I have done? On my way out, there was a car stopped by the same checkpoint at the intersection, so I pulled my clutch in and made that cop eat the loud sound that is my exhaust. lol

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
A checkpoint isn't a traffic stop to harass you . It's designed with driver/vehicle operational safety in mind. And they are perfectly legal. In a lot of states they are publicly announced when and where they are taking place.

I wouldn't take the advice of anyone who has told you to refuse any simple request from a LEO, such as producing your drivers license or vehicle registration. It's more hassle than what it is worth. Trust me, you did the absolute correct thing.

Besides that, other car driver they pulled over may have been the non attention paying, texting while driving high on meth son of a bitch that would have made that left hand turn in front of you or maybe tried to run you off the road. Sometimes you just never know.

Choose your battles wisely when you think about being the belligerent rebel.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They stop you for walking around here too, it's getting on my freaking nerves, I'm so tired of the police harassment around here. I'll hand my license and such, but I'm not answering any questions as I don't have to or feel that I must explain myself to anyone.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
They stop you for walking around here too, it's getting on my freaking nerves, I'm so tired of the police harassment around here. I'll hand my license and such, but I'm not answering any questions as I don't have to or feel that I must explain myself to anyone.
U rebel u....... :thumb:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
U rebel u....... :thumb:
I keep to myself, I for the most part live within the legal parameters, I don't expect to be stopped and have my papers checked on a whim when I have comitted no crime. I pay taxes, keep registration on everything valid, everything clearly works on my bike, clearly DOT endorsed helmet, so there is no justification to stop me on the off chance they *might* catch someone doing something wrong. If that were the case, why not let them search your home, they don't know, might have illegal stuff in there.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
I keep to myself, I for the most part live within the legal parameters, I don't expect to be stopped and have my papers checked on a whim when I have comitted no crime. I pay taxes, keep registration on everything valid, everything clearly works on my bike, clearly DOT endorsed helmet, so there is no justification to stop me on the off chance they *might* catch someone doing something wrong. If that were the case, why not let them search your home, they don't know, might have illegal stuff in there.
Might.....LOL....:whistling:
But i do understand what ur saying....
I believe a revolution is coming....
The Gov seems to have way to much power....
N now.....they want our weapons....
So we can't revolt.....
Gunna be a war right in this country soon....
The people are getting tired of the bull shit happening....
:thumb:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Might.....LOL....:whistling:
But i do understand what ur saying....
I believe a revolution is coming....
The Gov seems to have way to much power....
N now.....they want our weapons....
So we can't revolt.....
Gunna be a war right in this country soon....
The people are getting tired of the bull shit happening....
:thumb:
The Beatles - Revolution (Lyrics) - YouTube

"Don't you know you can count me out" I may have a strong opinion, but I'm not willing to kill over anything, I prefer civil disobedience to violence, despite what my punk roots tell me..lol

·
Registered
9,088 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I prefer violence.....
Kill them all the Bastards.....:dance:
That is your perogative then, just count me out, but you can count me in to just break stuff in a riot, but I won't kill another person, despite what Charles Bronson has taught us. lol

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
That is your perogative then, just count me out, but you can count me in to just break stuff in a riot, but I won't kill another person, despite what Charles Bronson has taught us. lol
Hahahahahaha......
Each to their own.....
I have no problem killing to protect myself....
Hell....I'm a hunter n have no problem killing anyway...
Killed another gray squirrell this morning in the bird feeder....
Stew anyone......:thumb:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hahahahahaha......
Each to their own.....
I have no problem killing to protect myself....
Hell....I'm a hunter n have no problem killing anyway...
Killed another gray squirrell this morning in the bird feeder....
Stew anyone......:thumb:
I've never killed anything other than bugs or the occasional roadkill, but I have never been hunting, never had the interest or impulse to do so either. I also have no idea what squirrel tastes like, but I'll give it a try, might be a bit cold when it gets here though. I don't even own a gun, as I have no use for one.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
I've never killed anything other than bugs or the occasional roadkill, but I have never been hunting, never had the interest or impulse to do so either. I also have no idea what squirrel tastes like, but I'll give it a try, might be a bit cold when it gets here though. I don't even own a gun, as I have no use for one.
Lot's of people don't own a gun....
I think i have around 12-14.....
Ya it'd be cold by the time i got it to u....LOL
probly enough of them down there along the road....
How's ur ninja doing?
Been to rainy here to enjoy a ride....
I do use it to get to Therapy n anything i need to go out 4 tho...
Hopefully monday will be nice.....
Cause this ol ass does need to take a good ride....
Probly be a Western Maine to Northern New Hampshire all day mountains ride...
Then again i also like the coastline rides.......
:dance:
Guess i'll make that decision that day.....

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lot's of people don't own a gun....
I think i have around 12-14.....
Ya it'd be cold by the time i got it to u....LOL
probly enough of them down there along the road....
How's ur ninja doing?
Been to rainy here to enjoy a ride....
I do use it to get to Therapy n anything i need to go out 4 tho...
Hopefully monday will be nice.....
Cause this ol ass does need to take a good ride....
Probly be a Western Maine to Northern New Hampshire all day mountains ride...
Then again i also like the coastline rides.......
:dance:
Guess i'll make that decision that day.....
My bike is fine, I'm getting better at shifting, I started reducing throttle tun as I shift and it seems to work nicely. I'm thinking of going to a 600 maybe next year, I really want a black 2000-ish Ninja ZX600, always have always will until I make the move to buy it. I have mountains and more mountains, I'd kill for a coastline ride, but that is over 300 miles one way and without bar ends, my hand just couldn't take it.

Sometimes im glad I dont have one of my guns when some slut cuts me off while texting!
People around here are incapable of normal braking and turning, I had two close calls as both vehicles slammed on their brakes from highway speed, came to a complete stop and slowly turned when the road was clear and they didn't need to stop to make the turn. Luckily I was observing correct following distance, otherwise I would have hit them. If I didn't think I'd lose my balance, they would have got a nice dent in their vehicles for their erratic driving.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.