1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking at those! However, I think it's a bit gimmicky... Like I"m going to get on my bike one day and say: "I think I'd like to have long levers, today, but not tomorrow...."

Now, a viable application for these is if multiple people ride a bike, and one prefers long levers, and the other shorties.... Maybe when I find a girlfriend.... :p

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
but it also gives you the option if the shorties are too short, get what I mean?
Instead of two fingers you may use three......or maybe you have lost you little finger in an accident.....I dunno, I'm running out of ideas!!! :p

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The finish is awesome. Having seen similar more expensive levers, I really can't tell a difference. These levers are very solid pieces of aluminum. Not cast alloy metal machined to look like aluminum. These levers are much thicker and a slight bit heavier than the OEM levers, but not enough to make a substantial weight gain. They fit just like the OEM Levers with very close tolerances and also the necessary slack where needed. The standard length levers appear to be a tiny bit longer that the OEM levers. With these levers installed I do not have to squeeze as much with the ends of my fingers. My hands are more closed and the levers sit closer to the base of my knuckles. I have the levers both set on the # 3 setting. The brake lever operates the brake light in all 6 settings. Shifts seem to be quicker, smoother and easier with the lever closer to the grips. It is definitely easier to grab a handful of brake right after installing the brake lever. The adjusters ratchet nicely and stay in place. Overall, operating the controls is much much better all around. The levers also flex backwards about 1/4 inch. A worthwhile pruchase for now. I'll see how they hold up over the long haul.

Got these ones off ebay. Clutch Brake Levers Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2008 2009 2010 - eBay (item 280612475037 end time Feb-04-11 19:56:00 PST)

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
They look great Blue, and I'm glad that the quality is there as well. Somehow I doubt levers like this will bring the price down on the Pazzo's, but there seems to be more of this style getting around, so it can't hurt!

I have found another listing for adjustable reach & length levers on ebay. and I am leaning towards the Titanium coloured ones with a black adjuster, the blue ones will be second choice of course!
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Folding-Foldable-Levers-Kawasaki-Ninja-650R-ER6f-ER6n-/280612482893?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4155ceaf4d[/URL]

I have been thinking about the way I use my levers and I'm not sure I could go with the full shorties, maybe in-between like I mentioned above!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The finish is awesome. Having seen similar more expensive levers, I really can't tell a difference. These levers are very solid pieces of aluminum. Not cast alloy metal machined to look like aluminum. These levers are much thicker and a slight bit heavier than the OEM levers, but not enough to make a substantial weight gain. They fit just like the OEM Levers with very close tolerances and also the necessary slack where needed. The standard length levers appear to be a tiny bit longer that the OEM levers. With these levers installed I do not have to squeeze as much with the ends of my fingers. My hands are more closed and the levers sit closer to the base of my knuckles. I have the levers both set on the # 3 setting. The brake lever operates the brake light in all 6 settings. Shifts seem to be quicker, smoother and easier with the lever closer to the grips. It is definitely easier to grab a handful of brake right after installing the brake lever. The adjusters ratchet nicely and stay in place. Overall, operating the controls is much much better all around. The levers also flex backwards about 1/4 inch. A worthwhile purchase for now. I'll see how they hold up over the long haul.

Got these ones off ebay. the2wheels
Well, it's been a while since I last posted anything about these levers from the2wheel, that's because they are still working great. However, I did order a new set. This time they are silver and the quality is still there. This time when I ordered them, they were $34.55 ($6 cheaper than when I first reviewed them). This order came with instructions and each lever in it's own little bag and the hardware looks improved from the first set. The only small complaint I have is that one of the black levers started to fade, which is common with anodized metals. Other than that, these adjustable levers are amazing.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.