Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone uses a heated jacket liner or vest on their 2008 or newer Ninja?
My wife would like to add a 100 watt liner and not sure tyhat the cahrging system can handle it. Any information would be appreciated>

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
That's only an 8.3 amp draw, let's factor in 15% resistance on the wires (which is totally overkill for winter riding, etc), and it's up to 9.58 amps.

I don't have the manual in front of me right now, but I believe the stock stator puts out ~238watts.. Eric? Somebody? Verify please.

So really, what kinds of other goodies do you have on the bike? Heated gloves, grips, GPS, radar detector, brighter lights, etc?

If it's just the vest, you'll be fine. Make sure to wire it directly to the battery, with it's own dedicated, in line fuse. Strongly consider a relay circuit that taps into the ignition circuit so that the vest circuit can't be left on when the bike is off... Otherwise battery goes caput, and having to push start a bike in cold weather, although better than hot weather, is no fun.. :p

I know you're not going to be leaving the liner plugged in the bike when it's not being ridden, I'm thinking more moisture shorts and other shorts that might happen and drain the battery... Overdesigns always over perform! :D

Let us know how it goes...

·
Registered
331 Posts
spooph said:
I don't have the manual in front of me right now, but I believe the stock stator puts out ~238watts.. Eric? Somebody? Verify please.
The alternator puts out 23A.That's 276 watts.

Plenty!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts