Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to move my license plate and mount it with two LED bolts (12v). Do I need to do anything special with the power or can I just splice to the original wire? I've seen some talk about a resistors and fuses, but that was with turn signals. Anybody know for sure?

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ebay EBAY! EBAY!!! I love it. I got these and a set of flush mount turn signals for $40 including shipping! I looked at a couple of bike shops and "WOW"! I just laughed and walked out. The pair would have cost me well over $100!

License Plate Bolt LED 90° - White LED from "luckybike-accessories"

They also have colored lights (I almost bought blue) but I firgured my plate will be hard enought to see. I got the turn signals from them too. Again, I almost bought the blue ones... but then, turn signals should be amber.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
antdawgg21 said:
nice how much rewireng was involved
Just take the two + wires and wire it together and the same for the 2 -s from each wire and put together. Wire it directly to the original license plate wire. That's about it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
great pics! I was too intent on getting it done to remember to take any. Did you use proper wire connectors (like I had to go back and redo) or did you just twist 'em and wrap 'em in electrical tape (like I did originally)?

·
Registered
23 Posts
For any electrial modification check that the mod works first by using wirs splices-tiny clamps that clip onto the wire and the intended mod wire. The best way is then to actually spice into wires and soder them, then use either wire loom or heat shrink to finish job. Forget about using electrical tape, it gets messy like a rats nest of wires and don't keep moisture away from connections.

·
Registered
44 Posts
yea I wired everything up first to make sure it worked then soder the wire connections an taped them up w/electrical tape. I also wrapped the led wires behind the licence plate an up through the bike. Took about an hr from start to finish.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts