Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had smoke coming from my odometer area, unmounted it and found it was coming from the wiring harness to the headlights and the High beam indicator was permanently on. The wire was exposed slightly and I guess melting the plastic.

I'm going to fix the wire, but also want to change the bulb. I can't remove the wiring harness from the actual bulb. I managed to move the rubber piece and unclip the bulb to have it out, but now I have it in a more easily accessible spot and still can't separate the two. So it's Wiring harness/rubber/headlight all still attached.

I ride an 02 Ninja 500R. The only video on changing a bulb I found was on a new model so I don't know if it appears differently or if there is some clip holding the bulb to the wiring harness I need to undo. (I undid the clip holding the actual bulb into the bike). I've pulled pretty hard and don't want to break anything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to say it looked like it had melted a bit. The plastic touching the metal has soldered look to it on one side. (The plastic being what melted) Wasn't sure if I was looking at a part that wasn't suppose to come apart though I believe it should.

In this situation, what would I do?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok, will try and see if I can get a pic without having to pull the whole bulb piece out. Otherwise I'll try and pop it all out when I get back in a bit if I have time before I have to run off to work.

edit: Tried but can't move the rubber enough to get a picture of the connection with everything in the way

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.