Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta say I am very pleasantly surprised at how long AMS oil will last between oil changes. I think I hit 4500 and the oil was looking pretty clean when I drained it. I bought a case of oil with 12 qts in it, should last me years. NICE!!!

I also put on my 16t sprocket that I bought a year ago and hesitated to put it on because I was afraid of losing torch/power. But I was also Very surprised at how GREAT the bike feels now. Same power and same pull just with longer gears. haha, I love it! I can cruise around in 3rd all day long and not feel like I am on the verge of needing to shift up. Its a great and cheap Mod. All should do it.

Ill post some pics on saturday. A couple buddys of mine and I are going to make a trip to sunny Wenatchee Washington tomorrow till saturday. Cant wait. Gonna be Swee!

Zartan......you and TR wanna hook up on our way back through Hwy 2 and get some coffee and breakfast or something, let me know!

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Zinthentic??? I did use AMS Full Synthetic.......didnt really know that there was a better oil out there. The bike runs GREAT, so I am kinda sketchy about changing stuff thats not broken. haha. Ill look into it though, Thanks.

G

·
I use AMSOIL 10w-40 premium full synthetic. Runs $10.35 a quart. CBR uses 3qts. and the Ninja only takes 2qts. (1.7).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.