Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride on Boxing day......Just a quick little jaunt............1119kms long!!!
Started out at about 7am, a little later than I had hoped, but while I set the alarm, I didn't turn it on!!
First pitstop was at Hellyers Gorge about 35mins later

Then about 30 mins later I had to pull over again, Bloody cuppa tea had gone straight through me!!

Then again at the Reece Dam

I forgot to take some photos down around the Hobart area, but I called into Spring Beach near Orford on the East coast of Tasmania

Stopped off for some dinner at about 4.45pm in Swansea. Couldn't go past this place for some reason!

Headed up through St. Helens and onto Scottsdale where I took the Sideling through to Launceston. It was about 8.15pm then and starting to get a little dark.

At this point I still had about 300kms to get home, so I changed my original route and took the highway home...Needless to say, the bugs are everywhere this time of year!! Arrived home at 11pm

Spent approx $74AUD on fuel. Topped up 4 times and finished with 1/2 a tank left. I didn't get proper receipts so I couldn't say what my fuel burn rate was, but after 16hrs in the saddle I really didn't care!!

Here is the map of my route

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While I am proud that I completed it, I will not be rushing out to do it again! It was literally a "Pain in the Ass"!!!

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At least you were on a comfortable bike !
Yes, there is no way I could have completed this on an SS. My wrists were also very sore since I have modified the handle bars so they are much lower than stock, but I was always getting a sore back from sitting too upright.:ermm:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Zandit said:
Yes, there is no way I could have completed this on an SS. My wrists were also very sore since I have modified the handle bars so they are much lower than stock, but I was always getting a sore back from sitting too upright.:ermm:
Sore back sitting upright ?time for an ss lol

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nicely done, Zandit. Pretty cool that you can go out and nearly loop the entire island in one (long) day. Nice pics. As I always say, that's some beautiful country.
Thanks Boar! I would have liked to not cut a couple of corners, but the time was against me thanks to my late departure. Also the top eastern corner loop that I originally wanted to was a very basic road, and if I had had some form of accident(Hit some wildlife etc) then no-one would have found me for quite a while!
As it was, doing the Reece dam rd, I travelled over 100kms without passing or seeing a single person. Certainly brought back the reality of how long it would take to get assistance in the event of an accident. In addition to this, the mobile phone reception in some of those areas was nonexistant!!

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks habanero83!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
You know what works good to take the bugs off,without scratching or using chemicals? A micro-fibre rag,just wet it and wring it out and gently rub over the surface several times . Works on helmet and visor too,again-without scratching

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.