Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

1,465 Posts
You should definitely lubricate your chain yourself
And every other ride is my goal. I have used several things. Some i have used include things such as wd-40 silcone spray lube. Chain wax bel ray chain lube generic chain lubricant motor oil. White lithium grease and a few others. I have found that Chain wax is the best at sticking to the chain and last longer and requires less maintenance but it has a downfall for sure. It collects dirt and makes your chain dirty. I clean my chain alot plus i put the chain wax on the inside of my chain instead of spraying the outside of my chain. This definitely makes it easier to clean and it doesnt collect as
Much dirt and debris. I also spray it on the inside of the chain so that it will work its way out of the chain not back inside. I feel it works better this way. Hope this helps

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
You should definitely lubricate your chain yourself
And every other ride is my goal. I have used several things. Some i have used include things such as wd-40 silcone spray lube. Chain wax bel ray chain lube generic chain lubricant motor oil. White lithium grease and a few others. I have found that Chain wax is the best at sticking to the chain and last longer and requires less maintenance but it has a downfall for sure. It collects dirt and makes your chain dirty. I clean my chain alot plus i put the chain wax on the inside of my chain instead of spraying the outside of my chain. This definitely makes it easier to clean and it doesnt collect as
Much dirt and debris. I also spray it on the inside of the chain so that it will work its way out of the chain not back inside. I feel it works better this way. Hope this helps
100% agree, The Maxum Chain Wax is the best product I have used also.
I tried the white lithium grease once, and never touched it again, that stuff was horrible!

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I found crap stuck to the chain when using the White Lithium grease, and it was ridiculously hard to clean off. Not sure if I had a dodgy brand, but it was seriously horrible to use.

· Registered
1,480 Posts
+1 on the Maxima Chain Wax.

80w-90 gear oil is also recommended by Kawasaki. Gear oil makes a good cleaner as well as lube. It's cheap and a little bit goes a long way, but can be a little messy to use. A lot of wiping involved and flings like crazy if not dried good. I use it to get the chain as clean as possible, then seal it with either Maxima Chain Wax or DuPont Teflon Multi-use Dry Wax Lubricant (now called Chain Saver).

· Registered
154 Posts
I found crap stuck to the chain when using the White Lithium grease, and it was ridiculously hard to clean off. Not sure if I had a dodgy brand, but it was seriously horrible to use.
on the topic chain cleaning... found this handy 'no-brand' chain brush :thumb:
sold at Kawasaki Real Motosports... in Bangkok, though... in case you happen to be in the area

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
on the topic chain cleaning... found this handy 'no-brand' chain brush :thumb:
sold at Kawasaki Real Motosports... in Bangkok, though... in case you happen to be in the area
Yep, got one of those now, I picked one up from a Kawasaki dealer that was closing down!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.